In Git History, "Cannot open the specified file: Unable to obtain commit ID"

Oxygen general issues.
arkadianriver

In Git History, "Cannot open the specified file: Unable to obtain commit ID"

Post by arkadianriver »

Hi..
I want to use DiffFiles to see the changes to a file from its previous commit in the git history. I double-click on the file in the git history and get this:
image.png
image.png (7.15 KiB) Viewed 171 times
I'm in the local repo, I've authenticated with the Azure DevOps Git repository with a Personal Access Token, and I'm able to pull changes okay. It looks like the DiffFiles view is attempting to view the two versions of the file with a git://<commithash>/<filename> style URL. Would any of that matter? When it compares with the current version, it opens the current version just fine. It just can't access versions of files in the history. I hope I don't need to authenticate with SSH instead. Here's the URL style of the remote:

Code: Select all

PS C:\Users\gary.faircloth\Git\repo> git remote -v
origin  https://my-org@dev.azure.com/my-org/my-project/_git/my-repo (fetch)
origin  https://my-org@dev.azure.com/my-org/my-project/_git/my-repo (push)
Thanks for any help!
- Gary
P.S. Oh, I forgot to say, I'm using v5.3.0 of the Git Staging plugin
image.png
image.png (3.04 KiB) Viewed 168 times
sorin_carbunaru

Re: In Git History, "Cannot open the specified file: Unable to obtain commit ID"

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hi,

In your Oxygen installation folder please create a "logback.xml" file with the following content:

Code: Select all

<configuration>
    <appender name="R2" class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
        <file>${user.home}/Desktop/oxygenLog/oxygen.log</file>
        <rollingPolicy class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.FixedWindowRollingPolicy">
            <fileNamePattern>${user.home}/Desktop/oxygenLog/oxygen%i.log.gz</fileNamePattern>
            <minIndex>1</minIndex>
            <maxIndex>20</maxIndex>
        </rollingPolicy>
        <triggeringPolicy class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy">
            <maxFileSize>12MB</maxFileSize>
        </triggeringPolicy>
        <encoder>
            <pattern>%r %marker %p [ %t ] %c - %m%n</pattern>
        </encoder>
    </appender> 

<logger name="com.oxygenxml.git" level="debug"/>

<root level="error">
        <appender-ref ref="R2" />
    </root>
</configuration>
Start Oxygen, reproduce the problem in the Git Client diff tool and then close Oxygen. On your Desktop you should have an "oxygenLog" folder. Add it to an archive and send it to support@oxygenxml.com.

Best wishes,
Sorin Carbunaru
Oxygen XML Editor