Reltable conditioning

Oxygen general issues.
Stacey

Reltable conditioning

Post by Stacey »

Hi There:
Is it possible to condition out reltable topics? I've set up prop values to include "webhelp" (to omit the reltable .ditamap for pdf output), but the reltable links are still showing up in the PDF output. I'm trying to figure out if its supported (conditioning out reltables), or if I've just set things up wrong.
I also tried to condition out at the table level, but that caused the table to become a topicref and really caused issues.
Thanks,
Stacey
Radu

Re: Reltable conditioning

Post by Radu »

Hi Stacey,
So if you set a profiling attribute on a topicref which refers to a certain topic in the DITA Map, you should set it consistently, in all places where that topicref to the topic appears, including a relationship table.
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Stacey

Post by Stacey »

Hi Radu:
Oh, it sounds like I'll have to copy the map and just delete those parts then. :(
I need to change the output based on the output type. Adding relatable entries for topics side-by-side in the map makes sense, but adding them for the same topics in PDF output is too much.
Good to know it isn't me, but it is a disappointing limitation. : /
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Stacey,
I might not understand your entire setup, how your map is structured and your final goal so it's possible my advice is not accurate.
If you want for example for the PDF output to ignore entirely the <reltable> defined in the DITA Map, you could add for example a "deliveryTarget" attribute on it like:

Code: Select all

<reltable deliveryTarget="html">
  </reltable>
and for the PDF output use a DITAVAL filter file which excludes this specific delivery target:

Code: Select all

<val>
    <prop action="exclude" att="deliveryTarget" val="html"/>
</val>
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com