PC user who doesn't have admin permissions on her computer cannot create a webdav connection

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jeankaplansky

PC user who doesn't have admin permissions on her computer cannot create a webdav connection

Post by jeankaplansky »

Hi -

I have a new user who recently installed V25 on her PC. She does not have Windows Administrator permissions on her PC.

The user has a valid Componize/Alfresco (Community Edition)/OWA login. I know it's valid because another person and I successfully logged in using the user's credentials.

The user can log in to OWA from the web UI. The user attempted to create a WebDAV data access connection. She cannot log in through the configured connection despite having the correct URL, username, and password. I had no problem creating the WebDAV data access connection with her credentials on my computer.

Having ruled out working credentials, I'm left with only the need for Windows Admin permissions or a VPN connection issue (We have an instance where a VPN connection in Israel created login issues for another user. We have an outstanding Service Now request over that one.)

Is there anything else to check that I may be missing? I'm 98% certain this will turn into a Windows Administrator thing. I thought it best to check in with the forum in case there are other things I should investigate.

Thanks for any suggestions you provide!
Jean Kaplansky
Kaplan North America
jean.kaplansky at kaplan dot com
Radu

Re: PC user who doesn't have admin permissions on her computer cannot create a webdav connection

Post by Radu »

Hi Jean,

So this user has a desktop on-premise installation of Oxygen 25, right?
And they attempt to login to a Componize CMS/server using the Oxygen Webdav support, right? Did they install any specific plugin from Componize for integrating Oxygen with Componize?
What error does Oxygen show them when they attempt to connect? Have you tried to ask Componize about this as it's their CMS?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
jeankaplansky

Re: PC user who doesn't have admin permissions on her computer cannot create a webdav connection

Post by jeankaplansky »

Problem solved! The user was trying to use a WebDAV path to set up a CMIS connection. The problem was resolved as soon as we replaced the path with the correct path for the CMIS connection. Thanks for checking in on this.
Jean Kaplansky
Kaplan North America
jean.kaplansky at kaplan dot com
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hello Jean,
Great, thanks for updating the post with the solution!
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com