Clicking titles containing Chinese characters in topic toc cannot position correctly

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
galanohan

Clicking titles containing Chinese characters in topic toc cannot position correctly

Post by galanohan »

Hi,

In webhelp pages, when a topic title or a section title contains Chinese characters, clicking the topic title in topic toc cannot position to the corresponding topic title in the body part. For example, section titles like "HTTP 协议" or "数据传输协议"

Note: When the title are latin characters only, no such problems.

Any solution for this?

Thanks,
Regards,
Galano
marius

Re: Clicking titles containing Chinese characters in topic toc cannot position correctly

Post by marius »

Hi,
We might have an issue already registered for this situation, but just to be sure it is the same case, can you send us a small valid DITA project that we can use to test your issue?
Regards,
Marius
Marius Ciolacu
Syncro Soft / Oxygen XML
galanohan

Re: Clicking titles containing Chinese characters in topic toc cannot position correctly

Post by galanohan »

Hi Marius,

Sure, I'll send you a sample dita topic file over email. The subject will start with To Marius.

Thanks!
Regards,
Galano
marius

Post by marius »

Just to update this thread...
The samples we received confirmed that the problem is known for us, and we have already registered an issue for this.
We'll update this thread again once we have a fix.
Marius Ciolacu
Syncro Soft / Oxygen XML
galanohan

Post by galanohan »

Thank you!
galanohan

Post by galanohan »

Hi Marius,

What's going on with this issue, will it be fixed in the very next patch? and when will the next patch for oxygen xml editor v26 be released?

I've been complained about not having the topic toc by so many users, both external and internal users, including my manager and the boss.
I also explained why I had to hide the topic toc because of this known issue, but I can't give them a promise when the issue will be fixed, and nobody can give me a promise when this issue will be fixed.

If the topic toc containing CJK characters in various headings cannot function as good as titles with latin characters, I might have to take a second thought on the ten licenses that I'm going to purchase next month. And I believe, the weak support for CJK characters will bring more concerns to those users from China, Korea, Japan.

Regards,
Galano
marius

Post by marius »

Hi Galano,

This issue has been fixed in the current development stream, and the fix will be available starting with version 26.1, which we plan to release at the end of march.
However, you can download a nightly build snapshot from our Oxygen Beta Program.
If you decide to go ahead with the nightly build kit, please let us know how it goes and if your issue has been fixed or you encounter any other problems.

Best regards,
Marius
Marius Ciolacu
Syncro Soft / Oxygen XML
galanohan

Post by galanohan »

Hi Marius,

Thank you! After the download, I'll test with this nightly build. And get back to you if the issue has been fixed or new issues are found.
Muchas gracias, senor!
galanohan

Post by galanohan »

Hi Marius

Having several webhelp transformation, the issue I reported in this post is fixed in the nightly build yesterday (maybe earlier but I can only view 1 latest nightly build that's why).

Also, I noticed the search with Chinese string that contains more than 2 characters now seems ok. I can get the search results for the most keywords in zh. Meanwhile, on this page: https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... ?hl=search,
image.png
image.png (25.56 KiB) Viewed 650 times
the description on search limitation when search keywords are CJK characters can be deleted when the official v26.1 build is released.

Thank you for the big help!

Regards,
Galano
galanohan

Post by galanohan »

Hi Marius,

A quick question, how do I enable the preview mode in DITA/LIGHTWEIGHT DITA/HTML that displays in parallel with the authoring window?

I found I couldn't enable such preview window in the nightly build, is it disabled in this build?

Regards,
Galano
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Galano,
So you open a Markdown file in an Oxygen 26.1 beta kit and the Preview is no longer showing? Strange, we did not change anything related to this.
Can you send me a screenshot from your side?
If you right click inside the Markdown file is there a "Show preview" action in the context menu?
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
galanohan

Post by galanohan »

Hi Radu,

It's a nightly build generated on Jan 30th, not a beta build(it's invisible to me).

It's ok in markdown file,

but in DITA files, there isn't any preview. For example:
image.png
image.png (82.45 KiB) Viewed 613 times
Or... maybe there isn't any preview? I can't remember if that's the case.
image.png
image.png (104.49 KiB) Viewed 613 times
There're too many things in my head, maybe I mixed something by mistake ...
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Galano,
Oh, the preview is only for opened Markdown files.
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
galanohan

Post by galanohan »

sorry...maybe I need a rest for a while...
thank you, Radu!
Josh

Post by Josh »

Hi Galano,

This issue might be related to encoding or URL fragment handling for non-Latin characters. Ensure your web platform correctly encodes Chinese characters in URLs and that the anchor links (href attributes) match the encoded IDs in the body part. Using JavaScript to dynamically set or correct these links might also help.

Best,
galanohan

Post by galanohan »

Hi Josh,

By "web platform", you mean browser, right?

Thanks! I'll give it a try with JS!