Find/Open Resources/Topics In Review

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
dreifsnider

Find/Open Resources/Topics In Review

Post by dreifsnider »

Hi,

I've noticed that both the Oxygen XML Editor Desktop client and Content Fusion support a Find/Open Resource In Review view.

For example:
Content Fusion Search In Review
content-fusion-in-reviews-search.png
content-fusion-in-reviews-search.png (250.51 KiB) Viewed 916 times

Does the feature existing in Web Author and if not, would it be possible to add it? My team would like an easy way for our contributors/SMEs to see all topics across a single DITA Map that have comments/changes in them instead of having to open every individual topic to see whether or not it has changes.

Additionally, we are investigating using the View Topic Contents display mode for a DITA Map in Web Author, but some of the DITA Maps we're working with have >500 topic references and loading this can be quite time consuming. (We've increased the topic.content.refs.limit option to support this).

Thank you!
mihaela

Re: Find/Open Resources/Topics In Review

Post by mihaela »

Hello,

For the moment Web Author does not include this search in files feature. Can you please tell us what CMS you use for your projects?

The View Topic Contents display mode feature is helpful also for the case when you want to search for something in the entire ditamap content. Indeed, for such ditamaps with more than 500 topics the opening and editing will take some time.

Best Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com
dreifsnider

Post by dreifsnider »

Hi Mihaela,

Thank you for your reply!

Would it be possible to add this feature to the Web Author in a future update? My team is actually not using a dedicated CMS and are instead using GitHub to store/version our DITA content.

We're using Web Author to support SMEs and content contributors who are not familiar with DITA. Our SMEs have the following use cases:
  • Search across all topics in a DITAMAP for a keyword or phrase
  • View a list all topics in a DITAMAP that have comments or tracked changes and easily navigate to the corresponding topic
Thanks!

Daniel
mihaela

Post by mihaela »

Hello,

Thank you for the details.
We have added a request for this feature in our internal issues tracking system. We will update this thread when it will be available.

Best Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com
dreifsnider

Post by dreifsnider »

Hi Mihaela,

I hope you're doing well.

I was wondering if there's any updates on this feature request? It is very important to my team and our stakeholders so I'm hoping that Web Author will have this feature soon.

Thank you!

Daniel
mihai_coanda

Post by mihai_coanda »

Hello,
There is no progress on this feature as Web Author faces multiple challenges to achieve this as it does not have dedicated storage for the index and build-in authentication and authorization, this being handled by the remote storage and its user management and authorization.

We are planning to add search support on Content Fusion projects that can be imported from a git repo as it already handles the challenges posed to Web Author.
Michael

https://www.oxygenxml.com