Null Pointer

Oxygen general issues.
jmichaels

Null Pointer

Post by jmichaels »

Hello Support. I recently upgraded from v21 to v26, and I now get this when I try to run a webhelp transformation:
'Transformation failed. /Applications/Oxygen XML Editor/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT/plugins/org.dita.base/build_preprocess.xml:210: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "java.util.List.size()" because "array" is null'
Can you please assist?
marius

Re: Null Pointer

Post by marius »

Hi,
We are not aware of this error, so we need more information to investigate this, and ideally some sample files to reproduce it on our side.
Does this error occur when running the default DITA Map WebHelp Responsive transformation scenario?
Can you share with us the transformation console output?
Regards,
Marius
Marius Ciolacu
Syncro Soft / Oxygen XML
jmichaels

Post by jmichaels »

Thank you for looking into this for me. I am attaching the logs.
My issue is when I run a custom WebHelp Responsive transformation on a top level map with many other maps nested within. I also use profiling filters for user type.
transformation logs.zip
(63.88 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
I am not having issues when I run the same transformation on smaller maps. I also tried increasing the JVM arguments, but that didn't work.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,
Looking at the log files, there seems to be a fatal error when processing a table from the topic "rc_currency_drop_down_details.dita".
The error would look similar to the one reported here:
https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/4322
If you open that topic in Oxygen does it report a validation problem for one of the tables inside it? Or is somehow the table reusing using conref a table cell from another file?
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
jmichaels

Post by jmichaels »

I fixed multiple referenced reusable images, but am still getting the null pointer when the engine gets to this file. This is in the temp folder. Can you tell me what is wrong.
Archive.zip
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,
Looking at the attached zip, there is a DITA reusable component topic named "rc_departments_field_with_add_new_search.dita" which contains inside a table cell. Probably this generates the problem. Please try to re-write the "rc_departments_field_with_add_new_search.dita" to look like a plain DITA topic:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE topic PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Topic//EN" "topic.dtd">
<topic id="ReusableComponent_phw_1tn_hmb">
    <title/>
    <body>
        <p>
            <table frame="all" id="table_axh_tyt_11c">
                <tgroup cols="1">
                    <colspec colname="c1" colnum="1" colwidth="1*"/>
                    <tbody>
                        <row>
                            <entry id="entry_qhw_1tn_hmb">In the text field, enter text to search
                                for the department, or select it from the drop down. The department
                                is the cost center for the engagement. The application automatically
                                suggests values in which the hiring manager is assigned
                                    (<uicontrol>Departments</uicontrol> section of the user
                                    record).<p>You can click <uicontrol>Add New</uicontrol> to open
                                    a search pop-up.</p><p>The pop-up allows you to search by
                                    department number and name, and parent department name. After
                                    entering search criteria, click Search. You can select one of
                                    the results to populate the field by clicking
                                        <uicontrol>Select</uicontrol> in the result row.<note
                                        type="tip">You can click Search with no search criteria to
                                        display a full list of departments for the client
                                        organization.</note></p></entry>
                        </row>
                    </tbody>
                </tgroup>
            </table>
        </p>
    </body>
</topic>
Then with the main published DITA Map opened in the DITA Maps Manager view use the "Validate and check for completeness" toolbar action to check for validation problems, fix as many as possible, then try to publish again.
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
jmichaels

Post by jmichaels »

I replace the single table cell content references in my project with full table row conrefs, and the project generates.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,
Thanks for confirming this. We'll try to make changes to the DITA OT publishing engine bundled with Oxygen so that in a future version it will be more robust in this regard.
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor