Copy Selection of Documents in Results Window to Project View

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
sarcanon

Copy Selection of Documents in Results Window to Project View

Post by sarcanon »

Apologies if this functionality already exists.
Something I do quite freqently in Oxygen Editor is Find and Replace operations on multiple files or a Validation operation. Both of these operations can produce a list of documents in the Results panel, in the first case for all found documents, and in the second case for validation errors.
It would be very handy if there was a command to copy the list of documents in the Results panel to a list of selected documents in the Project View. This would allow me to perform an operation on only those documents. A classic example use case is:
1. Validate a very large set of documents that results in a small set of validation errors.
2. Fix errors on the invalid documents.
3. Re-validate, but only those documents that were in the set of validation errors, NOT the entire original set of documents.
Similarly, for Transformation operations.
I hope that is clear.
Many thanks in advance and Happy New Year.
All best wishes.
- Scott
Radu

Re: Copy Selection of Documents in Results Window to Project View

Post by Radu »

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the feature request, I added your remarks on an existing issue we already have opened for this.
Oxygen has this concept of working sets but right now they work only when performing XPath in files and in a DITA specific side view.
We could extend this concept to work also with batch project operations.
Like for example if you call "Format and Indent in Files" there is a "Scope" in the dialog. We could enhance the scope to include also
user defined working sets.
Oxygen's Project view has a "Filters..." action which allows defining a file pattern to show or hide various resources from it, it could be expanded in the future to support also applying user configured working sets, for now you would need to obtain a list of files to re-validate and then apply that list manually in the Project "Filters" dialog:
post57503.html#p57503
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com