Whether there is a some way to record a macros - to eliminate repetitive actions?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
DAN SEA

Whether there is a some way to record a macros - to eliminate repetitive actions?

Post by DAN SEA »

Hello!
My question is in the in the title: whether there is a some way to record a macros (like in a Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop etc.) - to eliminate repetitive actions?
Since usually any large work contains many repetitive actions, it would be nice to speed it up somehow...

Preferably without "writing code, editing xml, etc." - but simply: press the “record” button - perform a series of actions and then, in other cases, you simply press “play” and reproduce the same action(s) to the selected text fragment (for example).

Thanks in advance!

P.S. May be as alternative - not exactly the same way, as i mentioned (with "record", "play" buttons), but similar simple way.
Radu

Re: Whether there is a some way to record a macros - to eliminate repetitive actions?

Post by Radu »

Hi,
We do not have a macro recording facility in Oxygen. If you could give us some examples of what flows you would want to automate, this would maybe help us.
We do have a Tools->"XML Refactoring" dialog containing various builtin actions to restructure XML content and the support to create custom XML refactoring actions based on XSLT stylesheets or XQuery.
We also have an AI Positron Assistant add-on which has a way to create custom actions by recording changes and then uses OpenAI to change the content accordingly:
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... rd-changes
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
chrispitude

Re: Whether there is a some way to record a macros - to eliminate repetitive actions?

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Dan,

Refactoring operations are my favorite way to automate content changes. There is a nice interface to view their names and descriptions, it's easy to change the scope of where they operate, they can be previewed before being run, and they can be shared in a project across a team.

As Radu says, maybe you can share some of the tasks you would like to automate and we can suggest further.
DAN SEA

Post by DAN SEA »

Ok, thanks for answers! I'll give my use cases some time later.