Installing <oXygen/> from within another installation

Oxygen general issues.
relausen

Installing <oXygen/> from within another installation

Post by relausen »

Hi! Don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this. If not, I apologize and would like to know where to ask instead.

I am in the process of constructing an MSI-based installation of the DocBook-based documentation system we use at work. We use <oXygen/> to write/edit the DocBook files.

I would like to make this a "complete" installation such that our writers fetches a single package which installs all necessary tools. <oXygen/> is one of them :)

So my question is: Is it possible to get access to a "Merge Module version" of <oXygen/>?

Or is there a better way to accomplish this?

Hope I made myself clear.

Best regards,

Rune Lausen

P.S.: This installation will be used for internal purposes only! Needless to say, but still :wink:
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

If "Merge Module version" of oXygen means an oXygen package that you want to include in the MSI-based package together with the other tools that you consider necessary for a DocBook documentation system then you will have to contact us to discuss about allowing you to redistribute oXygen.

Regards,
Sorin
relausen

Post by relausen »

sorin wrote: If "Merge Module version" of oXygen means an oXygen package that you want to include in the MSI-based package together with the other tools that you consider necessary for a DocBook documentation system then you will have to contact us to discuss about allowing you to redistribute oXygen.
Hi. Thanks for answering so fast!

Yes, the idea is to make a complete package containing our own adaption of DocBook as well as the tools we use. This includes oXygen :). I would like to point out that this package is not to be sold or otherwise distributed to any external persons at all. It is strictly for internal purposes in my company. Our goal is to make installation and setup of our internal tools as fast and easy as possible.

One alternative is of course to fetch oXygen from your website each time we have a new writer, but the complete installation will be so much easier to handle.

There is another alternative, which is to include the installation .exe and execute it directly from within the installation. This would somehow "mirror" the download otherwise needed. Will this be ok?

Best regards,

Rune Lausen
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

relausen wrote: ... such that our writers fetches a single package which installs all necessary tools. <oXygen/> is one of them
relausen wrote:I would like to point out that this package is not to be sold or otherwise distributed to any external persons at all. It is strictly for internal purposes in my company.
relausen wrote:There is another alternative, which is to include the installation .exe and execute it directly from within the installation. This would somehow "mirror" the download otherwise needed. Will this be ok?
It is ok as long as the result package is not distributed externally and each writer uses his own oXygen license. Mikro Værkstedet A/S purchased Named User licenses, not Floating ones, so each user needs his own license.

Regards,
Sorin