How to enable the page ratings only in Comments zone

Having trouble installing and integrating Oxygen Feedback? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
galanohan

How to enable the page ratings only in Comments zone

Post by galanohan »

Hi

How can I leave the page ratings enabled, and disable the rest features in the comments area?
image.png
image.png (12.08 KiB) Viewed 319 times
Many users told me they don't want to register for leaving a comment or filling a survey, it's too complicated for them.

Thanks,
Galano
Costin

Re: How to enable the page ratings only in Comments zone

Post by Costin »

Hi galanohan,

This is not possible using the current implementation of WebHelp, but we already have an improvement request logged for this in our internal tracking system, so I logged your vote for it and we will notify this thread when this will get implemented.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
galanohan

Re: How to enable the page ratings only in Comments zone

Post by galanohan »

Thank you! Because a lot of times when reading a web page, readers don't really have enough patience to fill out a survey form, some, even hesitate giving a like or dislike vote. It's a great feature, and it would be more convenient if more options are given...

Imagine how people react when Outlook application or Instagram pops up, asks about user experience and suggests rate the app over Google Play store or Apple Store, as far as I know, most people would click No Thanks, Not This Time... to cancel the popup. A survey form takes far more patience than clicking a Like or Dislike, while we are not living in the 1990s when book or magazine readers would like to send mails to the editor or author and share their feedback (like I used to be in childhood)

Just saying..