Can not enter RELAXNG annotation comments (##) as expected

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jsolderitsch

Can not enter RELAXNG annotation comments (##) as expected

Post by jsolderitsch »

I am translating an XSD spec to RELAXNG (compact syntax) and I want to include annotations like you can write in schema syntax (<xs:annotation> and then inside <xs:documentation>).

From reading the RELAXNG tutorial, I got the impression that comments that begin with a ## would be treated as annotations.

But when I type a ## inside the oXygen editor window, a third # character is added automatically, and any thing I type after the second # is replicated after the third character.

So if I want to write

Code: Select all

## this is an annotation
inside oXygen I see:

Code: Select all

## this is an annotation# this is an annotation
BUT...

I left this seeming shadow comment alone and then used the trang plug-in to generate the equivalent .xsd file and I DO see the annotation generated inside. And if I save the RELAXNG spec to disk as a .rnc file, the extra comment syntax is NOT saved (inspecting the file using an ordinary text editor).

So perhaps this is a quirk of how oXygen handles annotation comments.

I am running on Mac OS X (10.3.1). By the way, the app is performing quite well for me under Max OS X otherwise.

Jim
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Jim,

This is just a rendering problem as you experimented the duplicate does not appear in the saved text. The next release will fix this.

Best Regards,
George