WebHelp Responsive custom plugin outputting extra note icon

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
matt_k

WebHelp Responsive custom plugin outputting extra note icon

Post by matt_k »

Hi there

I am attempting to build a new copy of our WebHelp Responsive custom plugin using different colours in the CSS.

However, when I output with both the original and and new version of the plugin, using oXygen XMl Editor Transformation Scenarios, there are blue note icons appearing in all of our @othertype notes - see 'incorrect' screenshot attached. The 'correct' screenshot shows how the note should appear, as output from our production server.

I have ensured that I used same parameters as our production server in the scenarios and have specified the name of the CSS file and included the argscopy.css="yes" parameter.

The main difference between my oXygen set up and our production server are the toolkits. Our production server uses DITA-OT 3.2 and my oXygen is version 24.1 using the built-in 3.x toolkit.

I'd be grateful for any advice on what I may have missed here.

Many thanks

Matt
incorrect_note.png
incorrect_note.png (11.56 KiB) Viewed 418 times
correct_note.png
correct_note.png (9.16 KiB) Viewed 418 times
Costin

Re: WebHelp Responsive custom plugin outputting extra note icon

Post by Costin »

Hi matt_k,

Indeed, in the newer versions released between the versions 24 and 26 the structure of the DITA OT generated output may have changed, so you may need to update the rules in your customization CSS accordingly, to match specific elements from the output.

To help you identify which selectors you should use in your CSS to match specific elements, you could use your internet browser's CSS inspector, as described in this section from the WebHelp User-Guide.

In case you still encounter any issues, even after updating your CSS selectors, feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
matt_k

Post by matt_k »

Hi Costin

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, we are going to have stick with DITA-OT 3.2 for now.

I have now got output working with this DITA-OT 3.2.1 on my Mac (with help from Radu post72811.html#p72811). The generic icons are no longer present, but our custom icons are not appearing at all now.

Kind regards
Matt
julien_lacour

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello Matt,

Could you send us a small non-working sample to support@oxygenxml.com for analysis?

Regards,
Julien