Zoom for UI besides the Editor

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
zoelawson17

Zoom for UI besides the Editor

Post by zoelawson17 »

Greetings!
It's great that I can make the text larger in the main editor, but it would also be nice to easily update the text (and possibly icon sizes) in the DITA Maps Manager, DITA Reusable Components, etc.
I did just figure out that I can use Preferences > Appearance > Fonts, but I'd love the same CTRL + and CTRL - I can use in the main editor window.

For the Maps Manager, it would also be great if the icons could resize. There's some good information in the details of the icons (e.g. map vs bookmap), but the icons are very small for some eyes.

If that's too complicated, perhaps a new topic in the help that summarizes the multiple places you can go to configure your display might help. The information is in your content, but it's not easy to find. I tried searching "zoom DITA Maps Manager" or enlarge font (which then gets you all the output tools), and it was tricky.
Radu

Re: Zoom for UI besides the Editor

Post by Radu »

Hello Zoe,

Thanks for the improvement request, I added an internal issue for it. Pasting the issue ID below for future reference:
EXM-53901 Zoom/Increase font in the DITA Maps Manager view
Yes, right now you can change the font for the DITA Maps Manager and for other side views like the "Project" view by changing the "Text Components" Font in the "Preferences > Appearance > Fonts" page. I will update our user's manual to mention this.
To increase both text and icon right now probably decreasing the resolution or increasing the DPI setting in the entire operating system would work but it would influence all other applications as well.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Radu

Re: Zoom for UI besides the Editor

Post by Radu »

Thanks for the update Chris, I will add some related links between the issues.
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com