Replace All in Find/Replace Dialog shows wrong number of replaced Elements when used in AuthorView.

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Stevee

Replace All in Find/Replace Dialog shows wrong number of replaced Elements when used in AuthorView.

Post by Stevee »

Hi,
when using the Find/Replace Dialog to replace all matches of some text by some other, there will be always displayed that only 1 match was replaced even if more matches have been replaced.

Steps to reproduce:
=> Create some content in OxygenXML AuthorView using some text that occures multiple times.
=> Open Find/Replace Dialog (e.g with CTRL+F Shortcut)
=> Enter Find and Replace with text that occurs more than 1 times in the document and the text it should be replaced with.
=> Press Relace All

Result: There will be displayed "1 Match replaced" although multiple Elements have been replaced.

Note: This does not occur in Text View, the right amount of replaced matches will be displayed.

Greets
Stevee
chrispitude

Re: Replace All in Find/Replace Dialog shows wrong number of replaced Elements when used in AuthorView.

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Stevee,

Using Oxygen v25 build 2022110706, the replacement count works for me:

image.png
image.png (25.32 KiB) Viewed 900 times
Stevee

Re: Replace All in Find/Replace Dialog shows wrong number of replaced Elements when used in AuthorView.

Post by Stevee »

Hi chrispitude

Sorry, I forgot to add that i refer to the OxygenXML Author Eclipse Plugin. (25.0 2022110706)
I assume you tried to reproduce this in the Standalone OxygenXMLAuthor? Then it may is only an Issue in the Eclipse Plugin.

Greets Stevee.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Stevee,

Thanks for the report.
I can reproduce the problem when using the Oxygen Eclipse plugin, I added an internal issue on our side, to see if we can fix this somehow.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,
Pasting here the ID of the internal issue for future reference:
EXM-51889 [Author/Eclipse] Replace all in Find/Replace Dialog does not show number of replaced matches
I will try to allocate some time to look into this for the Oxygen 26 release (Autumn this year).
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,
This problem should be fixed in Oxygen 26.0 which we released yesterday.
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor