Cannot create a Fluenta project

Oxygen general issues.
yajing

Cannot create a Fluenta project

Post by yajing »

Hi,

I've been using the Fluenta plugin to generate XLIFF files. However, I'm currently experiencing an issue where the contextual menu fails to appear when I right-click on the DITA map. I'm unsure if this problem is unique to my setup. Could you assist me in troubleshooting this?

Thanks!
alex_jitianu

Re: Cannot create a Fluenta project

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi,

I suggest starting Oxygen from the command line (using the oxygen.bat or oxygen.sh launcher), go to teh DITA Maps Manager and present the contextual menu, then check the terminal for any exception messages or stack traces.

Best regards,
Alex
yajing

Post by yajing »

alex_jitianu wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:32 am Hi,

I suggest starting Oxygen from the command line (using the oxygen.bat or oxygen.sh launcher), go to teh DITA Maps Manager and present the contextual menu, then check the terminal for any exception messages or stack traces.

Best regards,
Alex
Thank you, Alex. The error messages that are being returned are displayed below:

Code: Select all

01:38:15 32206 ERROR [ AWT-EventQueue-0 ] com.oxygenxml.fluenta.translation.actions.FluentaActionsProvider - Unparseable date: "2023-06-27 15:29"
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "2023-06-27 15:29"
   at java.base/java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:399)
   at com.maxprograms.fluenta.models.Project.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.maxprograms.fluenta.controllers.ProjectsManager.getProjects(Unknown Source)
   at com.maxprograms.fluenta.controllers.LocalController.getProjects(Unknown Source)
   at com.oxygenxml.fluenta.translation.api.APIAccess.getProjects(APIAccess.java:139)
   at com.oxygenxml.fluenta.translation.cache.CacheManager.getProjectByDitamap(CacheManager.java:146)
   at com.oxygenxml.fluenta.translation.actions.FluentaActionsProvider$1.createFluentaMenu(FluentaActionsProvider.java:87)
   at com.oxygenxml.fluenta.translation.actions.FluentaActionsProvider$1.customizeDITAMapPopUpMenu(FluentaActionsProvider.java:64)
I am using other great tools provided by Maxprograms as a workaround. I must say, initiating Fluenta directly from Oxygen is extremely convenient. I would be grateful if you could provide any suggestions or guidance on the recommended next steps. Thank you again for the help.
alex_jitianu

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi,

This error can appear if you also have an external Fluenta installation and the version is different than the Fluenta version from withing the Oxygen Fluenta addon. Please go to Help->Manage addons... and tell me what version of Fluenta addon you have installed. If you are not running the latest version of the addon, you will have the option to update from this dialog.

Best regards,
Alex