Glossary list missing in WebHelp output

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
susannecm

Glossary list missing in WebHelp output

Post by susannecm »

Hi everyone,
I have a bookmap with a glossary list. The code looks like this:

Code: Select all

<backmatter>
        <booklists>
            <glossarylist navtitle="Glossar">
                <topicref href="glossary/RetrieveAsync.dita" keys="ddl_retrieveasync" toc="no"  type="glossentry"/>
                <topicref href="glossary/archiving.dita" keys="ddl_archiving" toc="no" type="glossentry"/>
            </glossarylist>
            <indexlist/>
        </booklists>
    </backmatter>
The bookmap is converted to PDF and WebHelp using a single publishing template that supports both formats. The glossary is displayed quite nicely in the PDF version. However, in the WebHelp output, there is a link that doesn't do anything, and pages for the glossary entries that cannot be accessed.

Code: Select all

<a href="">Glossar</a>

Is this because of toc="no"?
Can I display the glossary entries in the WebHelp without creating entries in the PDF TOC?
My Oxygen version is 25.1.

Thank you for your help
Susanne
chrispitude

Re: Glossary list missing in WebHelp output

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Susanne,

Yes, it is because of the @toc="no" attribute setting. I reproduced it in the following testcase:

webhelp_glossentry_toc_no.zip
(2.19 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

But I think this is expected behavior. In WebHelp, when you click on an "empty" TOC navigation title that has no content associated with it (the <glossarylist> navtitle in this case), WebHelp "falls through" to the next TOC item that has content. But in this case, because the glossary terms have no TOC entry, there is no next content item to "fall through" to for the glossary link.

If you remove the @toc="no" attribute, you should be able to access the glossary entries normally.