In the DITA Maps Manager, inserting a reference should consider the selected topic's path

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
chrispitude

In the DITA Maps Manager, inserting a reference should consider the selected topic's path

Post by chrispitude »

In the DITA Maps Manager, when I click on a map element to insert a new file, the resulting dialog box defaults to the directory location of the currently selected topic:

image.png
image.png (87.91 KiB) Viewed 524 times

This is an extremely useful behavior, and we like it!

But we noticed that when inserting a reference to an existing file, this behavior does not apply. Instead, the resulting dialog defaults to the top-level directory of the project:

image.png
image.png (88.6 KiB) Viewed 524 times

This is inconvenient when we are working in an area of our repository that is several directory levels down.

Could you please consider making the reference insertion behavior consistent with the new-file insertion behavior, such that it defaults to the directory path of the currently selected file?

Testcase:
webhelp_default_path_for_references.zip
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Thanks!
Last edited by chrispitude on Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ritus

Re: In the DITA Maps Manager, inserting a reference should consider the selected topic's path

Post by ritus »

This is a much needed feature!
I want to add my vote to it.
Radu

Re: In the DITA Maps Manager, inserting a reference should consider the selected topic's path

Post by Radu »

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the report, I added an internal issue to consider it. Pasting the issue ID below for future reference:
EXM-53338 Improve file chooser current folder behavior for Insert Topicref
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com