Schematron: how to display the errors and warning based on priority

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
roopesh79

Schematron: how to display the errors and warning based on priority

Post by roopesh79 »

Hi Team,
Is there any way to control the way it render the schematron errors and warning in the Oxygen Author "message" bar, just above the text|grid|Author tabs?
I want to show errors first then the warning.
I am using OxygenXML Author 21.1(version 23+ upgrade is in progress)

Thanks
Roopesh N
tavy

Re: Schematron: how to display the errors and warning based on priority

Post by tavy »

Hello,

The problems are presented in a table that is sortable. You just need to click on the first table header to sort the problems by severity.

Best Regards,
Octavian
Octavian Nadolu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Octavian,

As a general comment, it would be useful if the default behavior for new Oxygen installations was to sort by severity. For example, this applies to the following:
  • Validate and Check for Completeness
  • Validate (current topic)
  • Transformation results
  • Terminology Checker results
I understand that the current implementation is that the checkboxes are unselected until a user selects them. And indeed, there is a software elegance to this.

However, there is also the practical aspect that it becomes possible that new users do not notice the most severe problems after they perform a task. And unfortunately, it is the new users that are the most vulnerable to not noticing.

We have a dedicated topic in our internal Technical Publications documentation that consolidates all the settings changes recommended for new Oxygen installations. I am sharing it here in case anyone finds it useful:

new_oxygen_installations.zip
(70.34 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
tavy

Post by tavy »

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.
The problems are sorted automatically by location in the document, so you can resolve them in the order. I understand your uses case and I think it is good to have a configuration settings. Probably we should group the problems automatically also by severity, in this way the errors will be more visible that warnings and info.

Best Regards,
Octavian
Octavian Nadolu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com