Prevent Table Headers from Repeating?

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Stacey

Prevent Table Headers from Repeating?

Post by Stacey »

Hi There:
How do I prevent table headers from repeating? (Transformation scenario is CSS for PDF)
Currently, I'm trying to output to PDF, then export (Adobe Acrobat DC) to Word, and then upload to Confluence. The tables that are larger than a page have the header rows repeated , which turns them into multiple tables in Confluence. (It will be a fairly large document, so I'd rather not have to update things manually in Word if I can help it.)
Any other thoughts (on whether jumping through so many hoops is needed, etc.), are also appreciated.
chrispitude

Re: Prevent Table Headers from Repeating?

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Stacey,

Try setting the table.title.repeat parameter to no:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... eters.html

Note that there is also a PDF Chemistry section in this forum, specifically dedicated to the PDF-CSS-HTML5 transformation.

- Chris
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Stacey,

I see now that you are asking about table headers, not table titles. Sorry, my answer does not help you then. Hopefully someone from the PDF Chemistry team will suggest how to do this.

- Chris
julien_lacour

Post by julien_lacour »

Hi Stacey,

Currently it's not possible to omit table header repetition when a table is displayed on multiple page.
However, I added your vote into the feature request and when the parameter will be available I will notify this topic.

Regards,
Julien
Stacey

Post by Stacey »

Thank you for the information. :)
julien_lacour

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello,

Since Oxygen 25.0 it is possible to use the -oxy-pdf-table-omit-footer-at-break and -oxy-pdf-table-omit-header-at-break custom CSS properties to control this behavior.
For more information you can consult our user-guide.

Regards,
Julien