Oxygen on macOS does not detect right click

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
hepabolu

Oxygen on macOS does not detect right click

Post by hepabolu »

I'm a long time user of OxygenXML Editor on macOS, but since version 24 a right-click of my mouse is not detected any more. It works fine in all other applications, but not in Oxygen. CTRL+ left click works as expected, but is very annoying to use.

Details:
- OxygenXML Editor 25.0
- macOS 12.6.2
- Intel MacBookPro
- Magic Mouse

Any ideas?
adrian

Re: Oxygen on macOS does not detect right click

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Oxygen v24 and later use Java 17. So there may be an issue between Java 17 and the way the Magic Mouse sends a right click event.
How about the right click on the touch pad, does that work as expected? Or a different mouse with physical buttons?
If it's specific to the Magic Mouse, try triggering in the mouse preferences the Secondary click option off and on again. Perhaps even with an OS restart in between.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
hepabolu

Post by hepabolu »

I finally found the time to test this. It doesn't work with the Magic Trackpad, the Magic Mouse nor a regular wired mouse. I've tried switching the options off and on for both mouse and trackpad.
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

So, just to be clear, you haven't found a pointing device for which the right click works in Oxygen?
Does the right click on the MacBook builtin trackpad work in Oxygen?

We haven't been able to replicate this issue using a regular mouse or the builtin trackpad. It seems like a system issue on your side, but I don't have any clues as to what's causing it.
Are you using any accessibility options from macOS or maybe have an app for customizing mouse buttons/events?

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
hepabolu

Post by hepabolu »

It also doesn't work with the builtin trackpad.

Your last sentence gave me a clue: I use BetterTouchTool. Once I quit that the right mouse click worked again.
I've now set up BTT to completely disable BTT when Oxygen is active. That works.
Thanks for helping me.