Changing Applications Folder

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
jck

Changing Applications Folder

Post by jck »

Hi,
after the installation I got now the error message:
Started: /Applications/xep-4/xep -fo "/Users/jorn-carstenkamp/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Documents/_curriculum-vitae_instances/Kamp_Jörn-Carsten_CV_pr_de_yo_20230123.xml_xslt" -pdf "/Users/jorn-carstenkamp/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Documents/_curriculum-vitae_instances/Kamp_Jörn-Carsten_CV_pr_de_yo_20230123.pdf"
Cannot run program "/Applications/xep-4/xep" (in directory "/Applications/Oxygen XML Editor"): error=2, No such file or directory
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/Applications/xep-4/xep" (in directory "/Applications/Oxygen XML Editor"): error=2, No such file or directory
I am confused because on my other laptop everything is working properly. Does someone know where I have to adjust the path variable? Many thanks in advance!
Kind regards, Jörn
adrian

Re: Changing Applications Folder

Post by adrian »

Hi,

You haven't mentioned what version of Oxygen you are running, how you've configured the FO processor and what you are running. Perhaps it was configured before updating Oxygen.

I'm guessing you've added the XEP processor in Options > Preferences, XML / PDF Output / FO Processors. Note that an entry named "XEP" is created in the "External FO processors" list.
The problem may be that "/Applications/xep-4/xep" script does not have the executable flag. Or perhaps Java doesn't know how to run it. Either way, edit the entry named "XEP" and in the "Command line" field at the beginning of the command before the path to the xep script add /bin/sh followed by a space.
e.g.

Code: Select all

/bin/sh/ /Applications/xep-4/xep ...
This assumes the paths are correct.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com