Oxygen XML Web Author and prolog updater

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
antonyterrence

Oxygen XML Web Author and prolog updater

Post by antonyterrence »

When a wrtier creates or modifies a topic, is there way to automatically capture the date created, date modified, the creator, and modified by details in Oxygen XML Web author?
Is that possible without prolog updater plugin?
Context: Oxygen XML Web Author integrated with ixiasoft.
mihaela

Re: Oxygen XML Web Author and prolog updater

Post by mihaela »

Hello,

There is no built-in functionality for the moment that can be enabled to automatically save the date and the author.

One possibility to achieve this is to create a plugin that registers a ro.sync.ecss.extensions.api.AuthorDocumentFilter API to update the topic modification information on each dcoument change.
Please let us know if you need more information.

Best Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com
antonyterrence

Post by antonyterrence »

Thank you for the response. It's for the Web Author. Since we don't control the web author administration (ixia does), the plugin option is not going to help. Can we add a javascript to the custom framework? If yes, what classes should we use to achieve the requirement? I have created a new post with the same questions. Thank you for your help.
mihaela

Post by mihaela »

Hello,

You asked about javascript, this is the only way for you to add customization for Web Author?

If you can also work with JAVA please take into account that the filter that I mentioned in my previous post can be also added through a framework customization:
- add an ro.sync.ecss.extensions.api.ExtensionsBundle
- create an implementation of ro.sync.ecss.extensions.api.AuthorExtensionStateListener and return it on the ro.sync.ecss.extensions.api.ExtensionsBundle.createAuthorExtensionStateListener()
- on the ro.sync.ecss.extensions.api.AuthorExtensionStateListener.activated(AuthorAccess) method add the AuthorDocumentFilter that I mentioned.

Is this solution suitable for your use case?

Best Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
antonyterrence

Post by antonyterrence »

Your java solution sounds fine as long as we have the control to install web author extensions through the admin page. I am afraid we don't have that control as of now. We are allowed to modify the web author framework in ixiasoft environment. That's why I am exploring a mechinism to replicate what the prolog updater plugin does without an addon/extension.
Unless you are saying we can implement it through Java and integrate the custom java implementation through custom framework.
mihaela

Post by mihaela »

Hello,

I confirm that the solution from my last message is for a framework customization. It is not clear to us in what way you are allowed to modify the web author framework in ixiasoft environment. I hope the solution works for you.

Best Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
antonyterrence

Post by antonyterrence »

Ok. Thank you. This is what I mean - we can modify the custom framework but we cannot access the admin page and install plugins for web author. Hope that clarifies. I was under the impression that the prolog updater plugin works with web author. Looks like it doesn't. I will explore the solution you suggested.
Last edited by antonyterrence on Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antonyterrence

Post by antonyterrence »

It may sound silly but I still want to ask:
Is it possible to add oxygen-dita-prolog-updater-addon-1.0.0.jar from the prolog updater? Will it work with web author if added through custom framework?
Bogdan Dumitru
Site Admin

Post by Bogdan Dumitru »

Hello,

You can add the Jar to the framework's classpath but that will just make the plugin classes available to the framework classes, like the ExtensionBundle class that Mihaela referred to.
Notice that the oxygen-dita-prolog-updater-addon is open-source, so you can draw inspiration from it, see especially the DitaTopicAuthorEditor class.
Bogdan Dumitru