Oxygen 25 and XHTML in validation

This should cover W3C XML Schema, Relax NG and DTD related problems.
laurendw

Oxygen 25 and XHTML in validation

Post by laurendw »

There is new behaviour in Oxygen 25 with XHTML elements, which is causing validation issues and I can't find how to turn it off.

I have a schema (in its own namespace) that uses the XHTML table module but no other XHTML elements. The custom schema uses the XHTML table elements as 'structure' elements (table, thead/tbody/tfoot, tr, td/th, ...) and custom elements in the custom namespace for the elements allowed in the table cells. There are various custom attributes added to the table elements as well.

Instances that validate according to this schema in Oxygen 24, or with a Xerces stand-alone validator, no longer validate in Oxygen 25 build 2022121306. They do validate with the MSXML engine, but this is not ideal.

I've looked in the options and turned off default catalogs but can't find anything else that looks like it will allow me to turn off the behaviour that overrides the schema I have for XHTML elements. Is there an option for this?

thanks,

Lauren
laurendw

Re: Oxygen 25 and XHTML in validation

Post by laurendw »

I found the answer myself: I had an entry for the XHTML namespace in my catalog. Now I'm wondering why I didn't see the results in Oxygen 24, but either way, it seems fixed.
Radu

Re: Oxygen 25 and XHTML in validation

Post by Radu »

Hi Lauren,

I'm glad you found a solution for this, from what I think we did not make significant changes on the validation part between Oxygen 24 and 25, but without knowing more about what XML catalog entries you had, how your custom schema looked like and how it imported the XHTML schema, it's hard for me to get a very clear picture of your setup.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com