Different editor behaviour when inserting reusable components depending on mode

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
TMiles

Different editor behaviour when inserting reusable components depending on mode

Post by TMiles »

I have a simple DITA project, with some standard topics and a concept containing a list of definitions. I intend to occasionally use a definition in a standard topic. Each <dlentry> in the glossary has an identifying attribute, and these definitions are visible in the DITA Reusable Components panel.

If I insert a definition from the DITA Reusable Components panel in Text mode, the editor places the parent <dlentry> without any of its children, resulting in a validation error:

Code: Select all

<dlentry conref = "example_hierarchy.dita#University/accommodation"/>
If I insert a definition from the DITA Reusable Components panel in Author mode, the editor places all the content encompassed by the <dlentry>. If I switch back to Text mode, the document is valid and I can see that all the children have been inserted as self-closing tags:

Code: Select all

<dlentry conref="example_hierarchy.dita#University/accommodation">
  <dt/>
  <dd/>
</dlentry>
Is this a bug in the software or something I have misunderstood? Thanks for any explanation.
adrian_sorop

Re: Different editor behaviour when inserting reusable components depending on mode

Post by adrian_sorop »

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this unexpected behaviour.
I was able to reproduce it. I've logged an internal issue to fix it.
Once the issue will be fixed, I'll update the thread.

Regards,
Adrian S.
Adrian Sorop
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com