Problems with # in paths

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Gandalf

Problems with # in paths

Post by Gandalf »

Following on the the comma issue; having a # in a path upsets oXygen in various ways, at least on a Mac:

a) You can't place oXygen itself in a folder whose path contains a #

b) You can open and edit files with a # in their path name, but if you produce a file with a # in the path name from an XSLT transformation and check the new "open in editor" check box then you get an error. (Just don't check the box and then open the file works fine).

c) Some others I've forgotten! (7.2 had the same issues)

You might wonder why I have these #'s, well I'm working on a C# project...

None of the above are showstoppers - I just work around them, but (b) strikes me as a little inconsistent.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the problem. We will look into it.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
Gandalf wrote:a) You can't place oXygen itself in a folder whose path contains a #
You have to install oXygen in a path that does not contain a # on Mac OS and on other platforms. The Java class loader cannot load classes from such a path.
Gandalf wrote:b) You can open and edit files with a # in their path name, but if you produce a file with a # in the path name from an XSLT transformation and check the new "open in editor" check box then you get an error. (Just don't check the box and then open the file works fine).
We fixed this problem. The fix will be included in the next version of oXygen.

Regards,
Sorin