Git Plugin fails to push, doesn't ask for credentials

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
ttasovac

Git Plugin fails to push, doesn't ask for credentials

Post by ttasovac »

Hi.

I have an oXygen project which is also a local GitHub repo. I have no problems pulling from remote. I can commit to local repo, but pushing to remote doesn't work — I get "Push failed. Unable to access remote repository at git@github.com:...."

The url in the config is correct — and as I said, pulling is not a problem.

I have no problem pushing from the commandline or using GitHub Desktop for the same rep. I have my ssh keys and all that. This is all on Mac OS 13.0.1. But oXygen is not asking me credentials or telling me that my credentials are wrong, it's simply refusing to push.

How can I troubleshoot this more closely?

Many thanks in advance.

All best,
T.
chrispitude

Re: Git Plugin fails to push, doesn't ask for credentials

Post by chrispitude »

Hi T,

I also usually try a command-line client to get more information about issues, so it's good you've tested the repository itself.

It is strange that pulling works but pushing does not.
  • If you re-clone the repo from Oxygen in a temporary directory, can you push from that clone?
  • Does Reset all credentials (in the Git Staging drop-down menu) change anything?
- Chris
ttasovac

Post by ttasovac »

Resetting credentials didn't work, but re-cloning from within oXygen did. Thanks a lot, Chris for the suggestion. This was driving me crazy.
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Glad to hear that worked!

If you still have the old repo directory, compare the .git/config file between them. This might explain what resolved the issue.