Preferences

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Ad

Preferences

Post by Ad »

Where does oXygen (on OSX) store it's preferences?
I would like to deploy oXygen internally with preset preferences but don't know where to look.

Regards,
Ad
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Ad,

The preferences are stored in the user home directory inside com.oxygenxml folder.

Best Regards,
George
Ad

transformations

Post by Ad »

Hi george,

Thanks for your feedback - I found the preferences file which really helps in deploying oXygen. Do you perhaps know; is it also possible to save a 'transformation scenario' in a template? (I tried but I can't find where scenarios are saved at all.)

Ad
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Ad,

The scenarios are stored in the same place, in the options file. However the scenarios are associated with the URL of the file they are defined for, therefore in order to be able to reuse them your users should have their projects in the same absolute location.

The good news is that the next release will allow to define reusable application level transformations, that is you should be able to define something like "Docbook to PDF" once and use that transformation for every Docbook file you want to convert to PDF.

Best Regards,
George
Ad

Sounds great

Post by Ad »

Hi George,

That is great news, we will be looking forward to the next release.
In our case, by the way, we are writing dictionary entries in a custom XML format, that by means of XSLT we translate to HTML (and presumably in the future also to PDF or RTF). The editors are novices when it comes to IT, so providing the translation to HTML allows the editors to view the result in a browser while they are writing the entry.

On a different note (this should be a seperate thread), I just noticed that copy-pasting Japanese text from a browser to oXygen works perfectly in a win32 setting, but on OS X all you get is scrambled text. I tried this both with IE and Safari, with similar results. This might be related to the web page not being in UTF-8 but SJIS or something like that. Is this a familiar problem?

Ad
Dan

Post by Dan »

About pasting Japanese text into the XML editor:

We tested this (Mozilla and Safari) and works ok once you have set a font that knows to render Japanese glyphs. For example you can use the fonts Osaka or Monaco.

Regards,
Dan
Ad

VM1.4

Post by Ad »

Hi Dan,

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Seems like the problem I described is related to the Java VM being used. In order to solve the weird font behaviour problem (http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64), I changed Info.plist to use 1.3.1 for the moment. The pasting problem I described was reproducable in this old VM and indeed not in the newer versions.

We are using a Japanese unicode font (Hiragino) and the weird behaviour as described in the link above renders oXygen unworkable. I hope you guys will soon have a fix for this! :) (Or any other workaround would of course also be welcome)

Regards
Ad
Ad

virtual machine

Post by Ad »

Dan, George (or anyone else?)
Any comments on my last post?
Ad
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Sorry Ad,

Currently we do not know any workaround for this problem.
The only possibility is to use a font that does not have the rendering problem on Java 1.4, like Monaco, for instance.

Best Regards,
George