Test seems to catch more than the template match should select

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
DanOvergaard

Test seems to catch more than the template match should select

Post by DanOvergaard »

Hi,

I can't understand why the check below fails, as I think the template only "returns" the 2 "cbc:Description" nodes with the context (match) selected, but is seems that is also catch the node "cbc:Name".

The test should catch any nodes with the same name that has the same value in the "languageID" attribute

I hope someone can enlighten me :-)

/Dan

Template

Code: Select all

<xsl:template match="doc:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:Item/cbc:Description"/>

<xsl:if test="self::*[not(@languageID = following-sibling::*/@languageID)]">
         <Error>
            <Description>[W-LIB222] The attribute languageID should be used when more than one Description element is present</Description>
          </Error>
     </xsl:if>

</xsl:template>
XML

<cac;Invoice>
	 <cac:InvoiceLine>
        <cac:Item>
            <cbc:Description languageID="uk">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet cons</cbc:Description>
            <cbc:Description languageID="da">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet cons</cbc:Description>
            <cbc:Name languageID="da">Lorem ipsum dolo</cbc:Name>
            <cac:SellersItemIdentification>
                <cbc:ID>1</cbc:ID>
            </cac:SellersItemIdentification>
        </cac:Item>
    </cac:InvoiceLine>
</cac;Invoice>

Last edited by DanOvergaard on Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radu

Re: Test seems to catch more than the template match should select

Post by Radu »

Hi,

An xpath like this "following-sibling::*" matches all following siblings, not just the next sibling.
So in the context of "<cbc:Description languageID="uk">" the "following-sibling::*" xpath returns a sequence of "<cbc:Description languageID="da">", "<cbc:Name languageID="da">", "<cac:SellersItemIdentification>".
Probably your xpath expression should look like this:

<xsl:if test="self::*[not(@languageID = following-sibling::*[1]/@languageID)]">
to look only at the first following sibling element.
In such cases you can use <xsl:message> expressions to debug the returned values, for example add an xsl:message before the xsl:if:

<xsl:message><xsl:copy-of select="following-sibling::*/@languageID"/></xsl:message>
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
DanOvergaard

Post by DanOvergaard »

Hi Radu,

Thanks for your feedback - your explanation makes sense.

Unfortunate, your suggestion didn't solve my problem. What I want is to check if any of the "cac:Description" have the same "languageID". Do you have any suggestions ?

This should not fail

<cbc:Description languageID="uk">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet cons</cbc:Description>
<cbc:Description languageID="da">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet cons</cbc:Description>

This should fail

Note
I have added a zip-file with the full xml-file and Schematron
Xml_and_XLS.zip
(107.4 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
- The error occurs in line 32892
Martin Honnen

Post by Martin Honnen »

If you use a context of e.g. `cac:Item[cbc:Description[2]]` you can then check e.g. `count(distinct-values(cbc:Description/@languageID)) lt count(cbc:Description/@languageID)`.

Or perhaps in terms of Schematron

<pattern>
        <rule context="cac:Item[cbc:Description[2]]">
            <assert test="count(distinct-values(cbc:Description/@languageID)) eq count(cbc:Description/@languageID)">languageID needs to be unique</assert>
        </rule>
    </pattern>
DanOvergaard

Post by DanOvergaard »

Hi,

Appreciate your help but unfortunately, your suggestion didn't work (or I implemented it wrong) as it still failed if there was a "languageID" matching outside the "Description" context.

I found the solution listed below, but is there a way to translate this to "Schematron schema" (sch:)

<xsl:for-each-group select="cac:Item/cbc:Description" group-by="@languageID"> 

<xsl:if test="count(current-group()) &gt; 1">
            <Error>
               <Description>[W-LIB223] Multilanguage error. </Description>
            </Error>
         </xsl:if>

</xsl:for-each-group>
Regs,
Dan
Martin Honnen

Post by Martin Honnen »

Schematron, if implemented in XSLT, usually allows you to make use of xsl:function or xsl:key so if you want to use that grouping construct you could try to put it into a function you call then from your Schematron rule or, as grouping/keying is basically the same approach, use e.g.

<xsl:key name="language-group" match="cac:Item/cbc:Description" use="@languageID"/>
and then in Schematron

<rule context="cac:Item/cbc:Description">
  <assert test="not(key('language-group', 
@languageID)[2])">languageID should be unique</assert>
</rule>
DanOvergaard

Post by DanOvergaard »

Hi Martin,

I will put your suggestion to test during the week – Thanks

My “for-each-group” solution has run into a problem which I hope you can help with. The solution I found is not working in the production environment, as the more than 100 different calls are done with a “too” specific “Context” for the “for-each-group” to work.

The rule was original created as stated below and then called with a context ending on “cbc:Description” (eg.: doc:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:Item/cbc:Description"), but it’s not working as it catch more then just the “cbc:Description” elements.

What I need is a rule that catch if there are multiple "languageID’s" with the same value on multiple “cbc:Description” elements in the same segment (See the "Xml example" below), but as the rule already is called from countless places with different context I can’t change the context.

Can you see any solution where a test can work in the context described?

Original rule

<sch:rule abstract="true" id="DescriptionLanguageCheck">
    <sch:report test="following-sibling::*/@languageID = self::*/@languageID">[W-LIB223] Multilanguage error. Replicated Description elements with same languageID attribute value</sch:report>
</sch:rule>

Example of two different calls from the production

<sch:rule context="doc:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:Item">
   <sch:extends rule="DescriptionLanguageCheck"/>

<sch:rule context="doc:Invoice/cac:InvoiceLine/cac:Item/cac:TransactionConditions/cbc:Description">
   <sch:extends rule="DescriptionLanguageCheck"/>

Xml example

<Invoice xmlns="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:Invoice-2"
    xmlns:cac="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonAggregateComponents-2"
    xmlns:cbc="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonBasicComponents-2">
    <cac:InvoiceLine>
        <cac:Item>
            <cbc:Description languageID="da">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet cons1</cbc:Description>
            <cac:SellersItemIdentification>
                <cbc:ID>1</cbc:ID>
            </cac:SellersItemIdentification>
        <cac:TransactionConditions>
        </cac:TransactionConditions>
        </cac:Item>
    </cac:InvoiceLine>
</Invoice>