Berkeley DB XML setup

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
phwp

Berkeley DB XML setup

Post by phwp »

I'm trying to evaluate oxygen for using along with BDB XML. I've gone throught first 3 steps of setup (described here http://www.oxygenxml.com/berkeley.html), but on step 4 BDB XML does not exist in available options:
Preferences->XSLT/FO/XQuery->XQuery->Berkeley DB XML
as well as in step 5:
Preferences->XSLT/FO/XQuery->XQuery set Berkeley DBXML for XQuery validation
I've requested trial license for "profeccional" version, but it should support BDB XML.

is there anything becides actions described in first 3 steps I should do?
My BDB XML version is 2.2.13
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The instructions for Berkeley DB XL were not updated. Please look at the updated version of the same page. After configuring a data source and a connection as specified in the updated instructions you can use the connection for validating and executing XQuery on the database.

The oXygen Professional version supports the Berkeley database. Is your build ID 2006111719 ? You can check it in the Help -> About dialog.

Regards,
Sorin
jthwaites

Additional setup for Berkeley Sleepycat DBXML

Post by jthwaites »

I needed to do 2 extra things on Mac OS X to get Sleepycat DBXML support to work (not listed in the documentation):

1. Copy berkeleyConnector.jar from $OXYGEN_HOME/lib/connectors to $OXYGEN_HOME/lib

2. Edit Oxygen.app/Contents/Info.plist and add the following key under Root/Java/Properties:

key=java.library.path, value=/usr/local/dbxml/lib

Then we're cooking.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello Jacoby,

Are you sure the first step is needed ? The berkeleyConnector.jar file should be loaded also from the $OXYGEN_HOME/lib/connectors folder. Can you move berkeleyConnector.jar back to $OXYGEN_HOME/lib, restart <oXygen/> 8.0 and try to access your Berkeley DBXML database again ?

Regards,
Sorin