How to reduce the indent from the pictures - to the titles of them (the title is located at the bottom)?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
DAN SEA

How to reduce the indent from the pictures - to the titles of them (the title is located at the bottom)?

Post by DAN SEA »

Tried to fix it by applying in css file:
1) parameter for title: margin-top: 0px
2) parameter for the image: margin-bottom: 0px

It does not work ... I will be grateful for any advice!

p.s. I was able to place title under the picture - there are no problems with this. The problem is only with decreasing the margin from the picture to its title.
chrispitude

Re: How to reduce the indent from the pictures - to the titles of them (the title is located at the bottom)?

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Dan,

Can you attach a simple testcase, perhaps a single .dita file that uses a single image file?
DAN SEA

Re: How to reduce the indent from the pictures - to the titles of them (the title is located at the bottom)?

Post by DAN SEA »

I can't do that unfortunately (due to the corporate restrictions of copying)... :-(
Maybe we can do it differently: can you post an example that will work? ;-)

And one more directly such a "burning" question: I can't change the size of the picture in any way (stupid, but true). Image in svg format, approximately 1536 x 836 px. The sheet format of the oXygen document is regular A4.
Tried:
1) set the size of the image when pasting
2) set dimensions in attributes (width, height)
3) set the size in the attributes (size: 100)
4) set in the attributes "fit to size" (scalefit: yes)

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING works. I just don’t understand why this is so ... The picture is 1536 x 836 px in size, it doesn’t have any “fields” around (in the sense that the program fit it - but I think it’s not - this is not the situation, I checked ).

If you could help me with this as well, I would be extremely grateful!
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Dan,

Try this testcase:

chemistry_figures_for_dan.zip
(38.31 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

You will need to transform from the map, not the topic, so the CSS is applied:

image.png
image.png (11.19 KiB) Viewed 657 times

Hi Syncro Soft,

Somehow the @scale attribute does not seem to be working in the PDF Chemistry transformation. You might want to take a look.
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Dan, I just realized something. If you are already setting margins to zero and you still see spacing, then the whitespace might be a part of the image itself, and you will need to edit the image.
DAN SEA

Post by DAN SEA »

It hasn't worked yet - but after running your file - all my settings have been lost :-))
I will try more...