Feature request: Keyboard shortcuts for Next Topic and Previous Topic arrows

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
mgabbert

Feature request: Keyboard shortcuts for Next Topic and Previous Topic arrows

Post by mgabbert »

Hi experts,
I would like to be able to page through my WebHelp build to validate it before publishing. I can do this by clicking the navigation arrows in the upper right corner of the page (left arrow = Previous Topic, right arrow = Next Topic).
However, the arrows will shift left and right (relative to my mouse pointer) depending on whether the topic is long enough to require a scroll bar on the rightside of the window. This means that I can't easily keep clicking the right arrow (Next Topic) to page through my WebHelp without constantly having to adjust the position of my mouse pointer.
Proposed solution: Add keyboard shortcuts (e.g., Alt-LeftArrow, Alt-RightArrow) to mimic the function of the GUI arrows.
Alternative solution: Fix the scroll bar so that it appears below the navigation bar instead of beside it.
Thanks for your consideration.
cosmin_andrei

Re: Feature request: Keyboard shortcuts for Next Topic and Previous Topic arrows

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
I have registered an issue on our issue tracking system in order to be further analyzed by our development team.
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
chrispitude

Re: Feature request: Keyboard shortcuts for Next Topic and Previous Topic arrows

Post by chrispitude »

Thanks Cosmin! Can you let us know the issue ID?
cosmin_andrei

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hi Chris,

The internal issue id is WH-3072.
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support