Conkeyrefs in Vasont Inspire/Oxygen Editor

Oxygen general issues.
Trish_M

Conkeyrefs in Vasont Inspire/Oxygen Editor

Post by Trish_M »

We are about to go into production with the Vasont Inspire browser-based CCMS with the integrated Oxygen XML Editor.
When I was doing UAT for conkeyrefs near the end of March 2022, I was able to insert a conkeyref as follows:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
:!: Warning: You must set a root map for a topic every time you are editing the topic for conkeyrefs. If you do not set a root map, the steps in this task will result in a conref instead of a conkeyref.

1. In the topic, position your cursor where you want to insert a conkeyref to variable content.
2. Right-click and select Reuse > Content Reference.
3. In the Select Component window, browse to the location of the key file topic that contains the source content, select the file and then select Select.
Note: If you have already inserted a conref or another conkeyref in this topic in this session, ensure that the Target file is correct in the Content Reference window. If it is not, select and browse to the location of the key file topic that contains the source content, select the file and then select Select.
4. In the Content Reference window, select the element that you want to conkeyref, and then select OK.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a user did not do it exactly as stated, the result would be a conref and not a conkeyref.

It all worked beautifully. I was doing a test two weeks ago, and now I cannot insert a conkeyref this way anymore. It only inserts as a conref now.

The only way I can get it to work is to enter my element that I would be conkeyreffing and add the attribute of conkeyref. It already has the key prefix of product/ from the setting of the rootmap, but I have to manually type in the ID of the element to conkeyref. I’m upset that the functionality of being able to do this through menu options in the UI is no longer what it was when I did the UAT.

What happened to this functionality? Why is there not a better UI option to indicate whether a user wants to insert a conkeyref versus a conref?
Radu

Re: Conkeyrefs in Vasont Inspire/Oxygen Editor

Post by Radu »

Hi,

So you are editing the DITA XML content in a web browser, right? Could you attach a screenshot from the application showing the "Select Component" window? We need to understand if this is a component that we created or if it's something created by Vasont in which case you should try to contact them.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Trish_M

Post by Trish_M »

Hi, Radu:
Correct. I have attached PNGs of my complete process. I have already contacted Vasont. They plan to contact Syncro Soft as well.
Regards,
Trish
1.png
1.png (163.98 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
2.png
2.png (174.08 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
3.png
3.png (152.33 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
4.png
4.png (78 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
5.png
5.png (128.63 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
cristi_talau

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

While I cannot comment on how the Vasont integration works, I can tell you what is the default behavior of Web Author when you try to insert a content reference. It checks whether you have a key definition for that topic in the context DITA Map and if you have it inserts a conkeyref, otherwise it inserts a conref.
So, first make sure you have a key defined in the DITA Map for that topic - I cannot tell if that's the case from the screenshots.
Next step would be to try to reproduce the problem with our online demo: https://www.oxygenxml.com/oxygen-xml-we ... xygen.html and a small git repository where you create a map and two topics.
If you can reproduce it, we can take a look and fix the problem. Otherwise, we need to talk with someone from Vasont to fix this problem.

Best,
Cristian
Trish_M

Post by Trish_M »

I will go test it, but it worked just as you have stated back in March/April 2022. In the above example, the root map that was selected for the topic contains a keydef to the key file topic. If I enter my element that I would be conkeyreffing and add the attribute of conkeyref, it already has the key prefix of product/ from the setting of this root map, but I have to manually type in the ID of the element to conkeyref.

Something went wrong sometime between March/April 2022 and now because it used to work correctly. I'm not sure if it is the Vasont integration or the Web Author itself. Good idea to do this independent test so we can determine where the issue lies.
Trish_M

Post by Trish_M »

cristi_talau wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:22 am Hello,

While I cannot comment on how the Vasont integration works, I can tell you what is the default behavior of Web Author when you try to insert a content reference. It checks whether you have a key definition for that topic in the context DITA Map and if you have it inserts a conkeyref, otherwise it inserts a conref.
So, first make sure you have a key defined in the DITA Map for that topic - I cannot tell if that's the case from the screenshots.
Next step would be to try to reproduce the problem with our online demo: https://www.oxygenxml.com/oxygen-xml-we ... xygen.html and a small git repository where you create a map and two topics.
If you can reproduce it, we can take a look and fix the problem. Otherwise, we need to talk with someone from Vasont to fix this problem.

Best,
Cristian
I tested it with a git repo and using the the online demo tool. It works! So the problem must lie with the CMS integration.
PattyBurnett

Post by PattyBurnett »

cristi_talau wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:22 am Hello,

Best,
Cristian
I will try it.
Trish_M

Post by Trish_M »

I did test it, and the problem was with the Vasont integration.
cristi_talau

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,
Thanks for confirming. We have been already in touch with Vasont to fix this problem - you should hear more from Vasont soon.
Best,
Cristian