Open/Find Resources Lists Files Outside of Project

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jmorales

Open/Find Resources Lists Files Outside of Project

Post by jmorales »

Hi,
We're running <oXygen/> XML Author 24.0, build 2022012607. When I use the Open/Find Resource feature, some of the results it gives are dita files that are outside the scope of the project. I've double-checked the folders list in the Project pane, and it definitely doesn't include some of the folders whose files show up in the Open/Find Resource results. I've done a Reindex, but this didn't help. I did a search through the entire project to see if there are any cross references to files in outside folders, but there aren't any. Could this be some kind of caching problem? Is there something I can delete to get the indexing off to a fresh start? Thanks for any suggestions.
alex_jitianu

Re: Open/Find Resources Lists Files Outside of Project

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi,

When indexing, all resources referenced by the maps open in DITA Maps Manager get indexed. Perhaps there is a dita map from another project opened inside the DITA Maps Manager.
If that doesn't fix the issue, there is a Clear Index action in the settings drop down. You'll have to click Reindex afterwards.
Attachments
clear-index.png
clear-index.png (7.86 KiB) Viewed 513 times
jmorales

Re: Open/Find Resources Lists Files Outside of Project

Post by jmorales »

Thanks, alex_jitianu. The problem was fixed by running Detect Main Files from Project. So it must have had something to do with the Master Files list, as you say.