Copying additional resources from a relative folder path

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
almeim

Copying additional resources from a relative folder path

Post by almeim »

Hello,

I want to copy additional resources to the output root directory on webhelp.

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... Cdirectory From this page, I understand that I can use the "webhelp.custom.resources" parameter to achieve this. However, this only works when the folder I want to copy is located in the directory where the opt file is located. I want to copy it from the directory where the bookmap is located.

How would I define that pathway? I tried using an absolute path but that didn't work.
ionela

Re: Copying additional resources from a relative folder path

Post by ionela »

Hi,

You can copy additional resources to the output directory using the 'webhelp.custom.resources' parameter no matter where the resources directory is located (using the parameter there is no restriction to have the resources location to the publishing template).
This procedure is described in our user manual (second link from the page you've indicated) and you need to use absolute path for the directory that contains the files:
Copying Additional Resources to the Output Directory using a Transformation Parameter

We have tested this procedure again and all files from the directory are copied to the root of the WebHelp output directory (not also the folder itself).

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
almeim

Post by almeim »

Thank you for the help! However, I wanted to know if there's a way to set a relative pathway instead of an absolute pathway? I want to set the pathway to a folder that is ALWAYS located where the bookmap is located. How would I do that?
Last edited by almeim on Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
almeim

Post by almeim »

Hello, I just wanted to follow up on this?
ionela

Post by ionela »

Hi,

You can use relative path only if you copy the resources using a publishing template (the first step from the above procedure)
If you use the transformation parameter, you cannot use relative path, only absolut path.

I have added your feedback as an improvement request to our issue tracking tool to be further analyzed by our development team. They we'll analyze to determine if the current procedure can be improved in a future version of Oxygen XML.

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support