Problem viewing XSL transformation results

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
katyr

Problem viewing XSL transformation results

Post by katyr »

This may be a silly question. I frequently run XSL transformations on XML documents in Oxygen, and when I run them, the results pop up in a window underneath the original XML document. Today when I ran a transformation as usual, no window popped up, although I got the message that the transformation was successful. How Can I view the results? Thanks!
teo

Re: Problem viewing XSL transformation results

Post by teo »

Hello,

It is not clear to me the problem you are facing.
By default, the transformation results are displayed in a distinct view called Results, placed at the bottom of the application window.
However, this is a dockable view and its position can be changed (by drag and drop, relative to other views of the application).
On the other hand, editor tabs are detachable from the editor main window and can become independent windows.
But, it seems that you are aware of all these features, otherwise I don't understand how the transformation results appear to you underneath of the current editor window.

Anyway, maybe you really ran into a problem with the general layout of the application and then it would be appropriate to invoke Reset Layout action from Window menu of the application, to return to the default settings.
One further mention, but you probably already know this: Edit Scenario dialog contains an options tab called Output and there you can choose to save the transformation results in a file which can be opened in Oxygen or even in your favorite browser.

Regards,
Teo
Teodor Timplaru
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
katyr

Post by katyr »

My issue is that while in the past the transformation results displayed in a window at the bottom of the editor as you say, for some reason that window is no longer appearing, and I can't view the results. I tried the Reset Layout function, and that didn't help, either. I also tried editing the scenario to save the results as a file, but that didn't do anything. It's very frustrating! I'm not sure why the results window has suddenly stopped displaying.
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

Reset layout always fixes this issue, if it doesn't, try maximizing the Oxygen main window first.
If it still doesn't, go to Options > Preferences > Application Layout and select Default. Or better yet, press the "Restore defaults" button from that option page.
Restart Oxygen and try again Window > Reset Layout.

The results panel can remain "invisible" if it doesn't have enough room to show (Oxygen main window is too small), or if the layout has remained in such a state that the bottom of the window can no longer fit the panel (not enough room left because of editor and view placement).

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
katyr

Post by katyr »

I figured it out! It actually had to do with an error in the XML file itself - I realized that when I tested the transform with a different file. Not sure why it was telling me the transformation was successful, but anyway! Thank you for your help.