Unicode support in diff editor?

Oxygen general issues.
jturnervpi

Unicode support in diff editor?

Post by jturnervpi »

Hi,

I have just started using the standalone version of Oxygen 7.2

I have some xml files saved in unicode format with Chinese characters in them. Using the normal editor the characters show up fine. However in the diff editor the characters show up as boxes, however copying and pasting the boxes etc gives the correct character in the main editor.

Is this a "feature" that is not supported yet? Or do I have to set an option somewhere for this to work correctly.

Thanks

Jeremy
Dan

Post by Dan »

We will change the diff editor to use the same font as the main editor. As a workaround, you can activate the Asian languages support in your operating system. The following steps apply to Windows OS:

Control Panel,
Regional and Language Settings,
Languages,
Supplemental language support,
Install fies for East Asian languages - make sure is checked.

Restart <oXygen/>
Now all the Chinese characters should display ok.

Best Regards,
Dan
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Along with Dan's recommendation there is also another possibility to fix that.
The diff presents the files in some text components and their font is controlled now from Options->Preferences -- Fonts -- Text components.
If you change that to the same font you have for the Editor entry in the same preferences page then after that you should see the characters rendered corectly also when you perform a diff.

Best Regards,
George
jturnervpi

Post by jturnervpi »

For those that are interested

My East Asian language support was already turned on (as the chinese characters showed correctly in the main editor) - I double checked this.

Changing Text components from [Default] (Monospaced) to SansSerif (same as main editor) fixed the problem.