Custom Footnotes Issue

Having trouble installing Oxygen PDF Chemistry? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
patjporter

Custom Footnotes Issue

Post by patjporter »

Hello, I am moving this thread from the DITA Publishing section to here.
Here is the original thread:
dita-editing-and-publishing-dita-conten ... 23557.html
Julien was kind enough to provide some xslt and custom css to move the footnotes from the bottom of the page to under the table and format the footnotes and the calls. It looks like the footnote calls and the footnotes are formatted as I would like then now, and the footnotes are showing up below the table, however the last issue needing to be resolved is that the footnotes are showing up not only below the table, but at the bottom of the page as well:
Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 8.13.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 8.13.05 AM.png (240.3 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
For table footnotes only, I need the footnotes at the bottom of the page to be suppressed.
Would you be able to help me revise my xslt and/or css to make this happen?
I sent an e-mail with the source files and the styles to support@oxygenxml.com.
Thank you!
Pat
patjporter

Re: Custom Footnotes Issue

Post by patjporter »

Hello, I also noticed that when Julien added a counter reset for the table footnotes, it resets the counter in the list below the table, but does not reset the counter for the footnote calls in the table. Is it possible to add some code to reset the footnote calls inside the table as well to match?
Here is a screenshot:
Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 8.54.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 8.54.50 AM.png (190.44 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
Thanks!
Pat
Dan

Post by Dan »

We are examining the current XSL and CSS, it looks that there is a mix of footnote calls remaining from the old footnote system, different from the list of the footnotes collected in the ordered lists. We will come back to you with a suggestion.
Dan

Post by Dan »

I posted a solution on the original thread: post66834.html#p66834.
Many regards,
Dan
patjporter

Post by patjporter »

Hi Dan, unfortunately this is publishing same as before I made these changes, with the footnotes on the bottom. No worries, I am going to abandon this effort.
I will add this to the requested new features section so you can develop and test it in house and hopefully add it to the styles basket as an option in the future.
Thank you all for your help on this!
Pat
julien_lacour

Post by julien_lacour »

Hi Pat,

I updated Dan's stylesheets from the original thread: post66834.html#p66834
Tell me if this works better now, from what I tested it worked quite well except there's no link from the footnotes list back into the table.
If you found a non-working sample, could you email it at support@oxygenxml.com?

Regards,
Julien