PDF Page Numbers Restart at One in Each Chapter

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
patjporter

PDF Page Numbers Restart at One in Each Chapter

Post by patjporter »

Hello,
Sorry for another question!
My page numbers are starting over at 1 in each chapter. I am trying to figure out where in the css this is controlled. I am thinking it may be caused by this additional css I added that I got via a forum on Stackoverflow, where I was trying to start each level 2 heading on a new page, but yet keep the first level 2 heading together with the 1st level (chapter heading) as shown below:
1st instance:
image.png
image.png (21.05 KiB) Viewed 710 times
2nd instance:
image.png
image.png (35.47 KiB) Viewed 710 times
Here is something very weird though...I do not get the page breaking in the first chapter...only in Chapter 2 and subsequent:
image.png
image.png (21.64 KiB) Viewed 710 times
Here is the css that was provided to get the page breaking at the level 2 heading for all but the first instance (I put it in a custom.css file):

Code: Select all

/* BREAK MAIN TOPICS TO NEW PAGE */
article h2 {
page-break-before: always;
}
article:first-of-type h2 {
page-break-before: avoid;
}
Any ideas on how to keep my page numbers from restarting at 1 in each chapter?
Thanks!
Pat
chrispitude

Re: PDF Page Numbers Restart at One in Each Chapter

Post by chrispitude »

Here is information on controlling the numbering:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... intro.html

You will probably want to set the args.css.param.numbering parameter to deep-chapter-scope-no-page-reset.

(By the way, there is a dedicated "PDF Chemistry" section of this forum that is specific to the PDF-CSS-HTML5 transformation here.)
patjporter

Re: PDF Page Numbers Restart at One in Each Chapter

Post by patjporter »

Thank you very much!
I will move to that forum if I have further questions. You tip corrected the issue and now my document is publishing exactly as I would like it.
Pat