Context sensitive webhelp for Docbook

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
opeongo

Context sensitive webhelp for Docbook

Post by opeongo »

I recently became aware of context sensitive webhelp for the DITA framework. This is a feature that I need to make links from within my app to the online documentation.

However I am using the DocBook framework where this feature is not available. It is not a viable solution for me to switch my documentation framework to DITA.

Could you please also make this feature available for DocBook framework authors.

Thanks,

Tom
opeongo

Re: Context sensitive webhelp for Docbook

Post by opeongo »

Actually to refine my request a bit, what I really want is the just the mapping between xml:id values and the path to the page (possibly with an anchor if the id is not the start of the page). It seemed like the format that was described for the DITA context sensitive help mapping file (context-help-map.xml) would be perfect for my needs: just a mapping between the id value and the page path in a machine readable format.
cosmin_andrei

Re: Context sensitive webhelp for Docbook

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hello,

Thank you for these details.

I have just logged an issue in our internal tracking system and gave the issue a bump to prioritize it. This will be analyzed by our development team. In case this will be implemented in the future, we will notify this thread.
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support