XML Schemas Validation always reports Valid

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
kingargyle

XML Schemas Validation always reports Valid

Post by kingargyle »

After using the Oxygen XSD editor in Eclipse 3.2.1, and validating a file that has several errors. If you fix, and then validate, it will eventually tell you that the schema is Valid, even though there are still errors in the file. The Web Tools 1.5 Validation correctly reports the errors no matter how many times it is run. If I exit out of eclipse and restart, schemas validation starts working again.

No errors are thrown in the error log file.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

It will help if you can post here or send to support at oxygenxml dot com a sample and a description to reproduce this.

Thank you,
George
kingargyle

Post by kingargyle »

I can do that. I'll be doing some pretty heavy schema development in the next few days, so will at least get a couple of screen shots for you. It seems to take a while before it happens, but once it does, it will always report the schema as valid, but the Web Tools 1.5 correctly reports it as invalid. I know that Xerces is used by both Oxygen and Web Tools.

Anyways, I'll provide some snapshots.
kingargyle

Post by kingargyle »

Managed to duplicate it again. I sent some screen shots to the support email address.
kingargyle

Oxygen and HyperModel don't get along

Post by kingargyle »

I think I tracked the problem down to using the OxygenXML and the HyperModel 2.0 plugins together.

The Real time validator in Oxygen worked, until I opened a xml Model in HyperModel. The following console ouput shows the XSD Validator invalidly reporting the schema as valid:

Code: Select all

[14:48:00] - XSD Error Scanner - Start scanning file:/D:/Work/STAR%20Schemas/Development/STAR/Rev/Resources/Components/Common/Components.xsd
[14:48:04] - Found 1 problem(s)
[14:49:19] - XSD Error Scanner - Start scanning file:/D:/Work/STAR%20Schemas/Development/STAR/Rev/Resources/Components/Common/Components.xsd
[14:49:19] - Found 0 problem(s)
Nothing changed between 14:48:04 and 14:49:19 that would affect the schema itself, the only difference is that between that time I opened a HyperModel file. Web Tools 1.5.2 validation still works, but any validation run through Oxygen doesn't work.

HyperModel can be downloaded from here:
http://www.xmlmodeling.com/hyperModel/

It can be installed as an Eclipse plugin or by itself.
kingargyle

Post by kingargyle »

Oh, and there is nothing in the Error Log view to indicate that there is an error.
sorin_ristache

Re: Oxygen and HyperModel don't get along

Post by sorin_ristache »

kingargyle wrote:Nothing changed between 14:48:04 and 14:49:19 that would affect the schema itself, the only difference is that between that time I opened a HyperModel file.
Are you sure you did not edit using other plugin Components.xsd or other XSD file included or imported in Components.xsd ? Can you send us the Components.xsd schema ?

Regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

We could find a validation problem when both the <oXygen/> plugin and the HyperModel plugin are installed but in a different form. After a diagram is opened with the HyperModel plugin the Validate Document action available on the <oXygen/> plugin toolbar does not work correctly anymore. The validate as you type feature (real time validator) still works and marks validation errors correctly in the XSD file but the Validate Document action reports that there are no validation errors. This happens only after opening a file with the HyperModel plugin. We will study what is wrong in this configuration. We did not see a difference in the validation errors reported when we just switched between the editor opened with the <oXygen/> plugin and the editor opened with the HyperModel plugin.

Thanks,
Sorin
kingargyle

Post by kingargyle »

What you found is the error I described first in this thread. The validate as you type will continue to work for a while, and then it will stop. This is all related to the hyperModel install.

I'm just glad that you have been able to reproduce part of the problem.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

We fixed the problem. The fix will be included in the next version of the oXygen plugin.

Regards,
Sorin
kingargyle

Post by kingargyle »

Thanks!
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The Release Candidate 2 includes the fix. Now the oXygen plugin should not have validation problems when other plugins are installed and also other plugins should work with and without the oXygen plugin.

Regards,
Sorin