support for XML-RPC development?

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
adamblock

support for XML-RPC development?

Post by adamblock »

Hi. Is XML-RPC support something that Eclipse offers right now? I found the SOAP support, which should be identical regarding the network transport involved, but not XML-RPC. I'd like to be able to send the current XML file to a specified server and see what it returns.

Thanks!

/afb
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Adam,

XML-RPC is not supported directly in Oxygen (standalone or eclipse) right now but I think you can use a workaround.
Just open in Eclipse the WSDL SOAP Analyser View which comes with oXygen, fill the URL with the destination URL, then go to the request tab and fill the XML request then go back to the first tab and press "Send SOAP".
The same can be done in the standalone version, opening any WSDL file, pressing the WSDL analyse button and filling in the same fields.

Please tell us how this goes.
I'll add a feature request on our internal bugs list for adding better support for this in a future version.

Regards,
Radu
adamblock

Post by adamblock »

Radu, thanks for your response. This works, so clearly all the pieces are there. But it's pretty clumsy, especially in the standalone oXygen -- which is what I use -- where you have to open a dummy WSDL file to get to the request dialog box. Would love to see a simplified version that provides up a dialog box with the following fields:
  • - URL of XML-RPC server
    - Text box for entering XML for request
    - "Open XML-RPC request from file" option
    - "Send" button
A helpful alternative would be a way to enter the XML-RPC method call(s) and parameters, which are standardized, without having to wrap them in XML.

Also, it would be great if the response XML could be sent directly to the main editor window after inspection in the dialog box.

Thanks again!

/afb
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Adam,

I updated the filed improvement request with your suggestions.
Opening the server response in the editor is possible.
Just right click the in the response text are and choose Open in Editor.

Regards, Radu