Enabling Next and Previous topic buttons in webhelp output

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
sdevarb

Enabling Next and Previous topic buttons in webhelp output

Post by sdevarb »

Hi,
I need help enabling the next and previous topic buttons, as well as the Print button, to download the entire manual rather than just the current topic.

Some background. I created a template for webhelp-responsive output using the Oxygen Styles Basket. The next and previous topic buttons are missing after I generate the output. The print button also prints or downloads the current topic. I'd like to know how to enable the next and previous buttons, as well as download the entire manual rather than just the current page, like the OxygenXML help (see the attached image).
oxygen_next_button.png
oxygen_next_button.png (2.07 KiB) Viewed 565 times
Thank you!
Regards.
Sunil
Costin

Re: Enabling Next and Previous topic buttons in webhelp output

Post by Costin »

Hi Sunil,

The "Next" and "Previous" navigational buttons ar displayed if you set the value of the "webhelp.default.collection.type.sequence" parameter to yes.
As for the PDF part, there is a dedicated procedure we have in this section from the WebHelp User-Guide, which describes how to add a link to obtain the documentation as PDF. This is achieved also by setting some dedicated parameters.

Going further, you should read this section to learn how you could pass the parameters to your WebHelp transformation, by adding them into the Webhelp element of the publishing template you are using.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Sunil,

I am also new to WebHelp. After asking some questions here in the forum, I decided to make dedicated time to read through the WebHelp documentation at

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... esponsive/

(using the "Next" button to progress through the topics, of course!). I am finding that the documentation is well-written and thorough, which I suppose is no surprise as Syncro Soft's documentation is quite good elsewhere too. I am still progressing through the topics, but I am learning a lot that I didn't even know I needed to know!

Also, note that there is a dedicated WebHelp section of the forum here:

Home > Board index > Oxygen XML WebHelp > Feature Request
Home > Board index > Oxygen XML WebHelp > Common Problems

so you might consider posting WebHelp-specific questions there.
Costin

Post by Costin »

Thank you Chris for the suggestions you offered to the user!

In addition to what Chris already mentioned, another good source of information on how to work with WebHelp product, could be the webinar events and the video presentations on our website.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support