<egXML> in ODD to XHTML

Oxygen general issues.
david_himself

<egXML> in ODD to XHTML

Post by david_himself »

Our schema is an ODD file with examples of XML coding for our team wrapped in the tag <egXML>. Until March 2022, a multi-line example displayed in XHTML had every new line left-aligned. Now, using Oxygen 24.1 and TEI P5 16.0.0, such examples come out with only the first line at the left edge and all subsequent lines hugely indented by 20 spaces. This happens whether I use the scenario TEI ODD XHTML or TEI P5 XHTML to produce the web display.

Why is this, and can I restore the previous behaviour. Thanks.
David
alex_jitianu

Re: <egXML> in ODD to XHTML

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hello,

I managed to reproduce the behavior with by following your procedure. It looks like it's something introduced in the 7.53.0 which comes bundled into the 16.0.0. addon. I suggest adding an issue on https://github.com/TEIC/Stylesheets/issues

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can go to Options->Preferences on page Document Type Associations and identify the TEI P5 framework that has Add-on written in the Storage column. Disable it so that the built-in framework will apply. The built-in framework bundles the 7.52.0 stylesheets. As an alternative, you could uninstall the TEI P5 16.0.0 from Help->Manage Add-ons... and either let the built-in framework active, or install TEI P5 15.0.0 (you need to uncheck Show only the latest versions in order to see it)

Best regards,
Alex
david_himself

Re: <egXML> in ODD to XHTML

Post by david_himself »

Many thanks, Alex. In Document Type Association, for TEI P5 (and also TEI ODD) I have now selected the ones with external storage rather than the add-ons. (I had wanted to try precisely that but had forgotten how to get to the dropdown with all those options! :oops: )
Problem solved for now. I've added an issue as suggested.
best
David