Eclipse XML editor cannot find DTD after Author update

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Erlend L

Eclipse XML editor cannot find DTD after Author update

Post by Erlend L »

I run oXygen XML Author in Eclipse 2021-09. I have used oXygen XML Author 23.1.0.v2021082307 for some time, today I ran an update and upgraded to oXygen XML Author 24.1.0.v2022041507. When I now opened my DITA project and opened a DITA source file, I got validation errors all over the XML editor. The first of them, on the DOCTYPE line (<!DOCTYPE topic PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Topic//EN" "topic.dtd">) is probably the most significant: "Cannot find DTD 'file:///atlas/export/suppdoc/src/doc/topic.dtd'. Create the file or configure an XML catalog for this DTD." I checked Eclipse, Preferences>Oxygen>XML>XML Catalog, it lists C:\opt\eclipse-java-2021-09-R-win32-x86_64-mod\plugins\com.oxygenxml.author_24.1.0.v2022041507\frameworks\catalog.xml. I also tried to add the catalog from the (old) DITA framework we use (file://atlas/export/suppdoc/toolkit/DITA-OT1.5.4/schema/catalog.xml), but it did not change anything.
Any tips?
/Erlend
Radu

Re: Eclipse XML editor cannot find DTD after Author update

Post by Radu »

Hi Erlend,

How about if you look in the Eclipse preferences->Oxygen plugin->DITA preferences page? Does it point to a custom DITA OT installation or to the builtin one? If it points to a custom DITA OT installation, is it still there on disk?
Can you also maybe attach a screenshot taken from the problems view? Sometimes there are other Eclipse plugins which may validate opened XML files so I need to know if the errors come from the Oxygen plugin.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Erlend L

Post by Erlend L »

Thanks, Radu. We don't build the docs from within Eclipse, so that DITA toolkit is not used. Pref>oxygen>DITA is thus not touched, the selected entry is for Built-in Oxygen Publishing Engine.
Here is the Problems view, I'm not sure if this is the one you are looking for.
2022-05-10 15_11_29-eclipse-workspace - ncd-pow_pow_2022-02_resource_pow-conrefsrc.dita - Eclipse ID.png
2022-05-10 15_11_29-eclipse-workspace - ncd-pow_pow_2022-02_resource_pow-conrefsrc.dita - Eclipse ID.png (36.67 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Erlend,

The screenshots are useful, as you see in the problems table there is a column named "Type", it's set to "LanguageTools", these are not problems reported by Oxygen but by another plugin installed in Eclipse. Maybe you can try to disable that plugin, or it may have some kind of settings page.
You can check using Oxygen's toolbar "Validate" button, it should report the XML file as valid.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Erlend L

Post by Erlend L »

Excellent, Radu, that was it. The plugin/feature wasn't LanguageTools, it was Language Servers (I cropped the Problems view too close). I turned off the Language Server settings shown below, and then the errors went away after closing and reopening the file. And while I now knew what to search for, I also found [1] with a similar problem and the same solution. Problem solved.
Cheers,
Erlend
[1]: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/543 ... age-server
2022-05-11 08_30_29-Preferences.png
2022-05-11 08_30_29-Preferences.png (30.73 KiB) Viewed 1602 times
Erlend