Index Terms Link

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
krobinett

Index Terms Link

Post by krobinett »

Hello,
I am trying to create an index terms page for the first time with WebHelp Responsive output. I am having trouble getting the index terms link to appear in the output when I use our organization's custom template.
  • webhelp.show.indexterms.link is set to true.
  • The <whc:webhelp_indexterms_link> element is specified in the html file for the custom template.
  • When I run the transformation with a built-in Oxygen template, the index terms link appears as expected.
  • When I run the transformation with the custom template, Oxygen creates an indexTerms.html file that looks correct. It just doesn't generate the link to view that page.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be going wrong? I am new to html and editing custom templates, so I am out of ideas.
Costin

Re: Index Terms Link

Post by Costin »

Hi krobinett,

Could you let us know first what specific version of WebHelp Responsive are you using?
Then, in order to investigate this, we need you to send us the custom template that you are using in your transformation scenario. You could use our support email address (support@oxygenxml.com) to attach the template. Please refer this topic in the email you would send.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
krobinett

Post by krobinett »

Hi Costin,
Thank you for your response. I am using Oxygen XML Editor 23.1 and applying a WebHelp Responsive transformation scenario. I'm not sure where to find what version of WebHelp Responsive I'm using. The "WebHelp Plugin" framework is version 20.0. Let me know if I should look for another number.
I have sent the template to support@oxygenxml.com.

Thank you,
Kristin
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi Kristin,

Thank you for the details and for seding the publishing template!
After a look at your output, it seems that, through your customization you are using a white background for the header, but the index terms link also has a white color, so it is not visible, even if it is present in the output.

Thererefore, to make it visible, you should also change its color, through your own customization CSS.
More specific, you should use a CSS rule like:

Code: Select all

.wh_indexterms_link a::before {
  color: black;
}
Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
krobinett

Post by krobinett »

Hi Costin,
I made the change and it is visible now. Thank you for your help.