Missing Templates Tab in Webhelp and PDF Transforms

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
verostarry

Missing Templates Tab in Webhelp and PDF Transforms

Post by verostarry »

Hi,
I seem to be missing a Templates tab in all transformation scenerios, where they previously worked. The Parameters, Filters, Advanced, and Output tabs are all there, but the Templates tab, as see in the screenshot here, is missing: https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... b-whr.html
I'm on Oxygen XML Editor version 24.1 on a Mac. I have custom OPT files, and since this tab went missing, at least one of our transform scenerios lost that association and shows a default Oxygen webhelp template. Since the Templates tab is missing, I can see neither default nor custom templates to choose from.
Please advise.
Thanks,
Veronica
cosmin_andrei

Re: Missing Templates Tab in Webhelp and PDF Transforms

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hello,

From the details you provided, most probably, you have some resources (like submaps, topics, or any other resources), external to the main DITA Map folder.
To better notice if that's your case, if you have resources outside of the main DITA Map folder , you could open the main DITA Map in the DITA Maps Manager view and then use the "Validate and Check for Completeness" tool from the view's toolbar. Make sure that, in the validation tool, you set the "Report references to resources outside of the DITA Map folder" option.

It is known that the DITA Open Toolkit has some issues processing this kind of external resources, but there is a simple solution that you could may use of. You can find more details on this approach in this section from the Oxygen User-Guide:
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... -refs.html
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
verostarry

Post by verostarry »

Hi Cosmin,
That worked! We had an image not stored in the dita folder. Deleting it brought the tab back.
Thanks for the help!
Veronica
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Cosmin,

What's the technical reason that such a file would cause the Templates tab to disappear? How does the transformation window "know" of the existence of such a reference?
cosmin_andrei

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hi,

We do not exactly know the cause but seems that was different and not the reference to that image.
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support