Scandinavian characters in CHM full-text search results in "No topics found"

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Tarja Koski

Scandinavian characters in CHM full-text search results in "No topics found"

Post by Tarja Koski »

Hello,
We use Oxygen XML Editor for creating html help (CHM) from dita source files. We have a custom framework for this. We previously used Oxygen XML Editor v. 20.1 and the DITA-OT 2.5.4 but then we upgraded to Oxygen XML Editor v. 23.1 and moved on to use DITA-OT 3.6 as well. After some modifications to our customization it works fine, but now I have noticed that when I select the Search tab in the generated CHM file and type a character string that contains scandinavian characters, the search result is always "No topics found" even though there are such topics. This is in transformations where the language of source files is Finnish.
The CHM files transformed with DITA-OT 2.5.4 work fine and show these topics in search results.
I created a test project which uses the built-in DITA-OT 3.6 but the same problem occurs, so I guess it is not a problem with our custom framework?
Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any idea where could I start looking for a solution?

Best regards,
Tarja Koski / Vertex Systems Oy
Tampere, Finland