Integration of examplotron

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
madde001

Integration of examplotron

Post by madde001 »

Hi George et al,

Could I make a feature suggestion? It would be nice if you would integrate Examplotron (http://www.examplotron.org/) into the environment (maybe as a "Infer Relax NG schema..." menu item under "Tools" menu???) I like Examplotron for hacking around, and I don't know of anything else like it. Also, Eric vdV's license terms are totally open.

John
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I think Examplotron is still a proof of concept not used by many users and not proposed to be an official specification in the future endorsed by a standards organization. Do you know some projects that use Examplotron for validation ? Is it used by many people in their XML projects ?

Regards,
Sorin
madde001

Post by madde001 »

Hi Sorin,

You're right, it's not been adopted by any standards organization. But I do think it's a lovely bit of work that would be more widely appreciated if appropriately packaged.

Since it really amounts just to applying a single transformation to an instance, it can be done manually in oxygen (just run it past compile.xsl), but I think it might be nice to distributew compile.xsl it in the frameworlks folder and give folks an easy hook into it.

Just a thought.

Jolhn