Eclipse: Lock of Attributes/Outline Views

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
amix

Eclipse: Lock of Attributes/Outline Views

Post by amix »

In the debugger, when having two editors open (the source and the transformer), it sometimes is relevant to move around in either document. Now, when I have an outline view open, or an attributes-view, they are being updated according to the active editor. It would be very nice to have the possibility to 'lock' the contents of these views (especially the 'Attributes') to one of the editors while moving around in the other. Thanks.
Andreas
amix

Post by amix »

P.S. It might be interesting in this case, to visually show the user, that the view is toggled. Not sure, how this could be done, but it would need to be something, that is clearly visible, like another background-color of the according view (or other window background-color).
Andreas
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I do not understand how this locking would be useful. When you edit the XSLT stylesheet you can see the structure of the XML document (possible elements and attributes) in the XSLT Input view so locking the Outline view and the Attributes view to the XML document does not add useful information that is not covered by the XSLT Input view.

Regards,
Sorin
amix

Post by amix »

I will post back as soon I have some specific description. Thanks.
Andreas