How to support other Markup Languages ?

Oxygen general issues.
amix

How to support other Markup Languages ?

Post by amix »

I would like to have oXygen fully support

Directory Services Markup Language (DSML) v2.0 [OASIS 200201]

Are there any steps I need to accomplish in order to do so ?
Andreas
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

First you have to correct the syntax errors of the DSML v2 schema. The simple type AttributeDescriptionValue contains two invalid string patterns: [-] is an invalid range. If it should match the character '-' then the pattern must be [\-]. After correcting the DSMLv2.xsd schema you can use it to create new XML documents in <oXygen/> as any other XML Schema. Also you can create a basic DSML document template and add it to the list of user defined document templates using the action Add to Templates. What other support do you think it is useful to be added in <oXygen/> for DSML ?

Regards,
Sorin
amix

Post by amix »

Thank you for pointing this out. Me wonders, why the errors are not being corrected in the schema.

Well, not sure, whether I need it. I just have visited the specs.

The system I design is a client-server machine, that has an OpenLDAP and PostgreSQL backend. However, I want to stay independant of backends, but have a stable API, based on performer-modules, doing their own to translate my systems API calls to the rest of the world. As more I can utilize XML the better, sinde then the translation could be done simply by XSLT programs.

So, for development of this it may be interesting to formulate LDAP requests and have oXygen translate them into DSMLv2 as well as connect to an LDAP server and send the queries, which then get translated into DSMLv2 in oXygen. Sort of test & run & debug.
Well, speaking of debugging....you know what I mean.

However, I posted this outside of the 'feature-request' forum, since I know, that this would mean a major work for you and I am not even sure, whether I will need it, being a hobby-project as well. I just mentioned it since you asked ;-)
Andreas
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

amix wrote:So, for development of this it may be interesting to formulate LDAP requests and have oXygen translate them into DSMLv2 as well as connect to an LDAP server and send the queries, which then get translated into DSMLv2 in oXygen. Sort of test & run & debug.
You can try to write a custom protocol plugin for oXygen which implements a LDAP protocol handler and is used when you open and save ldap:// URLs in oXygen (Open URL action, Save URL action, Save action). The protocol must be developed in the Java language and must implement the oXygen plugin API described in the User Manual. You can find also sample plugins there:

How to develop an <oXygen/> plugin

Custom protocol plugins

Regards,
Sorin
amix

Post by amix »

Would it be possible to have it as a part of the oXygen database frontend this way ?
Andreas
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Your custom protocol plugin is used in all user interface dialogs and views where you enter a URL:

- the Open URL action which opens the Open using FTP/WebDAV dialog where you enter a URL having as protocol the protocol implemented by your plugin

- the trsnaformation scenario edit dialog, where you can enter a URL with your custom protocol in the XSL URL field, etc.

Regards,
Sorin